Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCD Cover?  (Read 2027 times)

Tony Collins

LCD Cover?
« on: April 25, 2004, 04:27:56 am »

I just use a stick on plastic film as sold for protecting PDA screens , however I undertand the LCD has a plastic protector built in which is actually difficult to scratch and cheap and easy to replace. It can be popped out IIRC

audibeara6

LCD Cover?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 09:48:05 pm »

Have you checked E-bay.com?
When I was looking at getting a 10D I found a company selling protector that were made out of a very durable plastic. The features were:
1. This was made to fit just the 10D and was not universal like the PDA and Camera protector screens.
2. When you purchase one of these remarkable protectors you will also get a kit that will help you to pre-clean the screen so to get a clean surface that will provide a better hold.
3. The protector actually serves a dual purpose where it protects your screen and also allows you to attach a hood over the screen and also screen multiplyers for better viewing.
4. The plastic is made out of very durable material that will not crack, fade, color, or scratch under normal conditions. It will not fall off either due to the strong bonding glue that is used to place it on the screen.

To the comment made about the 10D already having a protective screen. This is true to some extent. The protection is not all that great, it is similar to scratch resistant lenses in glasses. I work in the Digital Imaging department at my local Best Buy and I will tell you that they can be scratch and an extra protector can't hurt. I hope that this has helped you and I will try to find an auction number of one of these items to give to you, so you can check it out for yourself.

karoic

LCD Cover?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 03:48:12 pm »

For some reason I feel like this is a question I shouldn't be asking.  But I've looked on the internet and either I'm a poor looker or there is not anyone who sells some sort of cover for the LCD on the back of the Canon 10D..  I am about to order one and the enviroment I'm in (afghanistan) is not exactly friendly to anything.  So I'd  need to find something I can use to protect the LCD from getting scratched all up.

If someone could direct me to the right place I'd appreiciate it.  I am so eager to get my new camera and try it out.  I also ordered a Gitzo 1128 with a Acra-Swiss B1 head and I got the legs in today and they are awsome.   Hopefully the combo will help me take some very nice pictures while I'm stuck over here.

thanks everyone.

karoic

LCD Cover?
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 06:32:03 am »

I undertand the LCD has a plastic protector built in which is actually difficult to scratch and cheap and easy to replace. I
Now that's something I didn't know .   the 10D screen has a easily replaceable protective cover?  That's awsome.  And thanks for the tip on using PDA film stuff.   I'll see if I can find some internet side that sells some of that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up