Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100ps GP Firmware & ICC Profiles  (Read 2132 times)

hbci

HP Z3100ps GP Firmware & ICC Profiles
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:53:06 pm »

Hi There,

I've recently picked up a 44" HP Z3100ps printer. The printer's built-in web server is telling me: "The printer's current firmware version is:  TR12-TR12PS_4.0.0.6." So, I've checked online on HP's website HERE.

Latest version available: TR12PS-TR12_7.0.0.3-5  --> Download. I have tried clicking both the Mac and Windows options, and both give me the message:
"We apologize, we were unable to find the driver description document you requested."
So, does that mean that the firmware is no longer being hosted by HP?? Can someone post the firmware, or suggest another place to get it?

Edit: I'm now seeing that all the ICC profiles do the exact same thing. Pretty worrying! Can someone post the banner profiles online? Thanks!!
I would be eternally thankful.

Glyn
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:21:40 pm by hbci »

Ian99

Re: HP Z3100ps GP Firmware & ICC Profiles
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 05:14:36 pm »

HP's websites are truly awful, so you have to search around a bit.

I Googled "z3100ps firmware" and up popped a number of sites, one of which refers to the latest! version being 7.0.0.3-52 dated 17 June 2009. It downloads with no problem.

The full url is:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3204977&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3204970&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228

KevinWilliams

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:36:42 am »

Agreed Ian, Whenever i have to find anything on HP's website. I google and put all the key terms in, HPs own website is a nightmare to navigate, good luck ever trying to find a support number on the site without googling for it.

hbci

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 10:36:03 am »

Okay, the download is still active for Windows XP but not for Mac OSX 10.6. I guess I will have to resort to placing one of my older PC desktops in our print room and printing the end files from there instead. Not the end of the world, it just means an extra step after designing on the Mac.

Kevin - I absolutely agree 100%! HP's large format printing website/microsite is an absolute nightmare. They replaced all their links without even adding basic 301 redirects, so you end up with 404 errors all over the place. As a web designer & project manager I have to stop and wonder - imagine the size of HP's web team, it must be massive. It is likely they have 10+ people dedicated to user experience/interfacing alone, yet some of their websites are impossible to navigate. What's the deal? Are they making money on large format printing? Their has to be some sort of business/economical reasoning for the lack of work/time put into it.

Ian - Those links were a real help. Thanks for taking the time to help me out there, always appreciated.

Glyn
Pages: [1]   Go Up