Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any feedback on Pentax K5, Kr or Nikon D7000  (Read 6117 times)

helios8

Any feedback on Pentax K5, Kr or Nikon D7000
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:03:32 pm »

Has anyone bought and used Pentax K5 or Kr, or the Nikon D7000 recently?  Please share your knowledge/experiences with us.  I'm sure there are lots of folks out there who are undecided, like me, about which one to get.  Issues such as fast, accurate AF, low light performance, RAW shooting/buffer, IQ, shutter speed, etc. for each camera will greatly help!  Thanks!

tsjanik

Re: Any feedback on Pentax K5, Kr or Nikon D7000
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:30:58 am »

DXO scores the sensor in the K5 at 82, very impressive.  Pentax may finally have solved some of their sensor issues.

http://dxomark.com/index.php/en/Camera-Sensor/Sensor-rankings

bobrapp

• http://
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 03:43:59 pm »

DXO scores the sensor in the K5 at 82, very impressive.  Pentax may finally have solved some of their sensor issues.

http://dxomark.com/index.php/en/Camera-Sensor/Sensor-rankings

And other manufacturers sensor issues <g>

coles

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 01:43:52 am »

Pentax hasn't really had "sensor issues" per se--my k20 produces excellent results. Pentax does have performance issues, though. Their cameras are, compared to the competition, simply not fast enough. Perhaps it's why their cameras are small and light. Pentax does not put in the processing power needed for AF and shutter responsiveness. They also need to solve their slower flash sync issue, flash accuracy issue (compared to Nikon), and their slow SDM issue. If the sensor is the same, there is simply no competing with the d7000 at the price Pentax is charging.

coles

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:11:43 am »

After nearly jumping ship to Nikon, I tried the D7000 at a shop. I was thoroughly disappointed with its small, cheap feel. It simply does not feel like a serious camera in the hand, and it's curious why Nikon bothered to add 2 card slots--a pro feature in a consumer body.

cecelia

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 10:36:53 am »

The D7000 seems great to me so far.  My other camera is a D3x, so the small size is a giant plus.  The SW Is a mix of pro and consumer that to me is fantastic:  non-electronic lens support, fast AF, MUP, etc AND the great remote trigger and built in flash that the D3 bodies lack.

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 11:48:16 am »

After nearly jumping ship to Nikon, I tried the D7000 at a shop. I was thoroughly disappointed with its small, cheap feel. It simply does not feel like a serious camera in the hand, and it's curious why Nikon bothered to add 2 card slots--a pro feature in a consumer body.

It is a Consumer body but feels much more substantial than the D90 .....The 7000 Uses a Magnesium/Poly body - If you want a "Serious Camera" buy a heavy pro body. I can tell you I bought the D7000 To replace a worn out D200 - The D7000 FAR EXCEEDS anything the "Prosumer" D200 was capable of and from what i can tell smokes the D300s as well.

Does it crush a D700 or D3 ...im sure not,  but for god sake its 1/2 the price of a D700 !

Bottom line is it is a huge amount of Bang for the buck ...at $1200.00 you get a Huge BANG

I like it so far !
Pages: [1]   Go Up