Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Meadow  (Read 1117 times)

JeffColburn

• The Creative's Corner
The Meadow
« on: October 20, 2010, 04:03:00 am »

Since I shoot landscapes and nature photographs, I often have to hike a mile or more to get to the locations I want. But this isn’t always the case. A few miles south of Flagstaff, right next to Highway 17, is The Meadow.

Every fall, the meadow explodes with yellow flowers, backed by a pine forest. At one end of the meadow is the house of the landowner. And you will often see several horses grazing in the meadow. It couldn't be a more perfect photo local if you planned it. You can also see tree stumps that serve as fence posts, wrapped with old barbwire. It's like finding an old west homestead, in your own backyard.

All of this, just an off ramp away. Now that's a dream shoot.

Have Fun,
Jeff

You can see more images at http://www.TheCreativesCorner.com

If you're interested in photography, stock images of Arizona and Fine Art Prints of Arizona, visit www.TheCreativesCorner.com

Ifocus4u

• Constant Sound and Imaging Studio
Re: The Meadow
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 01:34:19 pm »

I like  this.  Great sky, exposure... Comp with the tree placement.  The shadows on the foreground work well too.  I can't quite tell because the image is small but it seems the tree is a bit out of focus and the background it sharp.  Could be my eyes too.   ::)  Love the yellow.  What a great find!
Pages: [1]   Go Up