Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paintress is looking for a medium format brush set  (Read 11619 times)

Paintress

Re: Paintress is looking for a medium format brush set
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 02:04:49 am »

Thank you for putting matters straight. This is exactly why I wanted to be informed before testing anything and you saved me from spending more time with this particular sales rep and his back. This morning I opened his website and there was a 'BRANDNEW'-announcement in fat red letters. They've become Sinar representatives. At least now I know why I was so puzzled about this Sinar thing yesterday. There was no Sinar on this website last week   :o

Edmund, maybe I should change my overall strategy and look for a way to share your bank account?   :-* The lens offered in a Hassy package is not the one I need - no lense in a package ever was. The TS-adapter is more expensive than the 5D II, I can't figure out a starter combo beneath 20.000 Euro. Phase One/Mamiya is not an option for me anymore. Right now it's Contax or Rollei and either reduce my Tilt-activities to EOS and Linhof or find a way to have the Schneider lens mount changed.

Fred, I never put hands on the 5D II, but my 5D underwent every possible mud and horse-shit scenario you can imagine. There was an huge difference between the analog EOS 5 and 1 RN (hope I get the letters right), that's why I changed. I pray Canon didn't go back to a fragile 5D II with unneeded Automatic programs :o ???

Paintress

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 02:18:20 am »

and as far as the HY6 goes it is one of the most Feature packed MF cameras ever built ! You don't have to like it but it is undeniably a very MODERN camera.

Dennis, all I had read about the Hy6 was the test on this website. And all I remembered was the fact that the back didn't communicate with the camera, so no data about aperture or focal length etc. Sounded appealing to me. Your comment about modern features made me dig out the camera on the Sinar website. Gracious, focus bracketing certainly is nice technical invention, but 5 pictures in a row at this size - I see myself between two huge towers of terrasized external drives.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 05:21:00 am »

I always thought the point of interchangeable lens SLRs is that you can buy the pieces you need ... later.

Edmund

PS. So, who is doing this spoof?

Thank you for putting matters straight. This is exactly why I wanted to be informed before testing anything and you saved me from spending more time with this particular sales rep and his back. This morning I opened his website and there was a 'BRANDNEW'-announcement in fat red letters. They've become Sinar representatives. At least now I know why I was so puzzled about this Sinar thing yesterday. There was no Sinar on this website last week   :o

Edmund, maybe I should change my overall strategy and look for a way to share your bank account?   :-* The lens offered in a Hassy package is not the one I need - no lense in a package ever was. The TS-adapter is more expensive than the 5D II, I can't figure out a starter combo beneath 20.000 Euro. Phase One/Mamiya is not an option for me anymore. Right now it's Contax or Rollei and either reduce my Tilt-activities to EOS and Linhof or find a way to have the Schneider lens mount changed.

Fred, I never put hands on the 5D II, but my 5D underwent every possible mud and horse-shit scenario you can imagine. There was an huge difference between the analog EOS 5 and 1 RN (hope I get the letters right), that's why I changed. I pray Canon didn't go back to a fragile 5D II with unneeded Automatic programs :o ???

If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Paintress

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 06:33:25 am »

I always thought the point of interchangeable lens SLRs is that you can buy the pieces you need ... later.

I always thought the same, which doesn't imply I have to buy a lens I'll never use. Not even for the sake of filling a forum with my complaints about it. I'm the type who rather goes to the zoo and trains manual focus than buying an even more expensive equipement.

PS. So, who is doing this spoof?

Lol - it's people like you who make me stay anonymous in fora.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2010, 09:11:08 am »

Lol - it's people like you who make me stay anonymous in fora.

For this to be entertaining, it's time to close it down :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Paintress

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 02:13:32 am »

A huge thank you to those who helped me and went on doing so via PM.

Edmund and Keith, it's not nice to be taken for a spoof. Maybe we can agree to disagree? Despite this uncomfortable situation I've decided to stay in this forum. The positive sides in the end outweighed the negative ones.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up