Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: second post about what to buy  (Read 3855 times)

sanzari

second post about what to buy
« on: October 19, 2010, 03:58:25 pm »

I  am ready to step (not leap or plunge) into the MF world and have narrowed it down to a Phase one or Leaf back. Likely secondhand and liekly a Mamiya body of some type.

Seems like in the UK the secondhand market is either controlled with refurb or non existent so really struggling to understnad how you enter a closed market ?

Seems like 3 year old backs do not exist or are still commanding 10k ????

I want to go to Africa later this year with something special, with the Pentax at £9k UK or £6.5 K US, and the Hassye 39-II now below 10k ? I was thinking things might start shaing up.

I feel coming from a Nikon D3 , I only need 28 meg pixels ?? and I like the LEaf which claims 12 stop DR as opposed to 6 given by the Nikon's ??

Happy to be educated in all areas if anyone has an opinion, even Phase one said this was the best forum for advice !!!

Thanks in advance to all who respond

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: second post about what to buy
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 04:26:14 pm »

... and I like the LEaf which claims 12 stop DR as opposed to 6 given by the Nikon's ??...

Any chance you might be looking for a bridge in the near future? ;)

sanzari

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 04:37:08 pm »

hi there not sure I understand the humour or seriousness ???  a bridge ?? please forgive me perhaps it's a MF joke : LOL

sanzari

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 04:47:11 pm »

really ??? I guess this is a salesman from leaf telling me that leaf has 12 and nikon 6 ??? I really dont know but it sounded great so here i get to verify ??

thanks for the minor explanation of the point ai made and the influences.

sanzari

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 04:56:35 pm »

OK cool, wrist slap and we shall see, back to my original post without the DR mention :-)

I  am ready to step (not leap or plunge) into the MF world and have narrowed it down to a Phase one or Leaf back. Likely secondhand and liekly a Mamiya body of some type.

Seems like in the UK the secondhand market is either controlled with refurb or non existent so really struggling to understnad how you enter a closed market ?

Seems like 3 year old backs do not exist or are still commanding 10k Huh?

I want to go to Africa later this year with something special, with the Pentax at £9k UK or £6.5 K US, and the Hassye 39-II now below 10k ? I was thinking things might start shaing up.

I feel coming from a Nikon D3 , I only need 28 meg pixels ??  (DR removed )

Happy to be educated in all areas if anyone has an opinion, even Phase one said this was the best forum for advice !!!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 04:56:58 pm »

hi there not sure I understand the humour or seriousness ???  a bridge ?? please forgive me perhaps it's a MF joke : LOL

Ha, ha... Please pardon my assumption that everybody understands American expressions!

The full expression goes like this:

"If you believe that, there is a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you"

The meaning of which is: do not be so gullible: that is an obvious lie.

fredjeang

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 05:06:33 pm »

I've learned a new expression today, thanks Slobodan.

About the OP question, I was kiding about DR, those wars I described exists but of course you are free to put the lines you want.
Maybe you could re-load your question in the main area of the MF forum, you'll have more chance to get good answers because this part is dedicated more to the business itself, the general MF forum would suits more your question and you'll get more repplies.

My only advice is: never put yourself in MF without testing before.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up