Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving multiple folders  (Read 1441 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Moving multiple folders
« on: October 18, 2010, 06:14:52 pm »

I'm reorganizing my master image folder, but doing it from inside lightroom so LR tracks all the changes.

After creating a new folder, I'll select several folders to move into it, drag and drop them ... and it doesn't work. It just moves one of them.  I have to move each folder one at a time.  Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it works?

Costas

Re: Moving multiple folders
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 06:31:59 pm »

I had that exact same problem when I tried to move some folders around, it will only move one of the selected folders forcing you to do them one at a time

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 06:33:59 pm »

I'm reorganizing my master image folder, but doing it from inside lightroom so LR tracks all the changes.

After creating a new folder, I'll select several folders to move into it, drag and drop them ... and it doesn't work. It just moves one of them.  I have to move each folder one at a time.  Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it works?

Might be a feature, not a bug.

If you have a lot of folders to move, you could try moving them in Explorer (or Mac equivalent if applicable) with LR closed, and instructing LR where to find the folders/images next time you open it. It's quite smart, and finds all images in the same folder, worked with subfolders when I tried it as well. Backup as usual.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 12:42:57 am »

Might be a feature, not a bug.

If you have a lot of folders to move, you could try moving them in Explorer (or Mac equivalent if applicable) with LR closed, and instructing LR where to find the folders/images next time you open it. It's quite smart, and finds all images in the same folder, worked with subfolders when I tried it as well. Backup as usual.
Normally move them in the finder, but this was a lot more complicated including organizing into subfolders and renaming.  Wasn't that bad, I was just was surprised I couldn't move a group of folders, and had to do them one at a time. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up