Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaking Epson 2400 printer  (Read 1167 times)

BrianWoolf

Leaking Epson 2400 printer
« on: October 17, 2010, 03:10:46 pm »

gentlemen,

my 2400 is leaking black ink. When it first happened I thought I just had a bad matte black cartridge, but after putting in a new one same problem. It leaks right under where the finished print feeds out on the slide out tray. There is a 1/16" space with what looks like white foam in it and that is where the ink is coming from. When you flip down the panel to extend the outfeed tray there is a flat section inside that has 3 picture boxes on the right hand side, the ink is coming right over the middle one and forming a small pool of black ink. When I changed a yellow cart. and it did the cycle, I saw foaming black ink being ejected down the side, the foam subsides and I am left with a small pool of black ink that the end of the print falls on when the print is fully ejected.

Is this a case of the maintenance tank being full or might this be some other problem. There is a lot of ink there.

I have always used Epson ink and never did anything to the printer.

Thanks
Brian Woolf

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Re: Leaking Epson 2400 printer
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 03:59:03 pm »

Is this a case of the maintenance tank being full
That seems very likely, especially if the leaks occurs during a cleaning cycle.

The installation of an external waste ink tank is quite simple once you know how (there are videos out there ; a few screws to unscrew, two tubes to connect et voilĂ ) and solves the problem for a minimal cost. The thing that hurts the most is when you have to empty it...
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up