Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SB eMotion firmware update  (Read 2927 times)

lowep

• http://sites.google.com/site/peterlowefoto/
SB eMotion firmware update
« on: October 16, 2010, 05:30:53 pm »

Good to see that Sinar remembers legacy DBs like the eMotion75 when providing free downloadable firmware updates - another reason to stick with this badge  :)

Am not sure though if there is any difference between version 5.10 and the latest 5.11 version of the SB eMotion firmware apart from the one mentioned in the "read me" file attached to the 5.11 download, ie "Under certain circumstances, some images got stored corrupt on CF cards. This problem has been solved."
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:35:14 pm by lowep »

Fotogman

Re: SB eMotion firmware update
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:19:39 pm »

Are you kidding me? Why hold on to your Sinarback? Maybe you have it on a Fuji 680, or Contax system. Sinar is a very antiquated systems with very poor support. My recommendation is move into the 21st century, and get something with with current software.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 08:02:29 pm »

Are you kidding me?

I could ask you the same question!

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:21:13 pm »

Are you kidding me? Why hold on to your Sinarback? Maybe you have it on a Fuji 680, or Contax system. Sinar is a very antiquated systems with very poor support. My recommendation is move into the 21st century, and get something with with current software.

Ha ha! I still earn my living shooting 5 days a week with my eMotion 75 back - and some of my colleagues still use 22mpx backs! It's a great back even at 400 ISO, and 800 if you expose well, and the software is fine - if you need more tools then just use Lightroom, as the files are DNG's. Lightroom loves Sinar files and vice versa. The backs are an absolute bargain at the moment and still available from Sinar.

Ben

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 04:22:47 am »

I still shoot with something called "film". Remember that? Fantastic support - from Photoshop 1.0 to CS5!

Kumar

ondebanks

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 05:37:33 am »

My recommendation is move into the 21st century

Now I am really puzzled. In exactly what year did the 21st century begin? 2008?  ::)

Ray

lowep

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 01:47:21 pm »

Thanks for sharing your insights regarding camera bodies, processing software, film and antiquity.

How about the firmware update?

MartinWidmann

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 04:24:33 am »

Am not sure though if there is any difference between version 5.10 and the latest 5.11 version of the SB eMotion firmware apart from the one mentioned in the "read me" file attached to the 5.11 download, ie "Under certain circumstances, some images got stored corrupt on CF cards. This problem has been solved."

That fix, mentioned in the Readme is the only difference between 5.10 and 5.11.

Martin
Martin Widmann
Employed by Sinar Photography AG / Switzerland, however the opinions I express are my own.

lowep

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 04:00:40 pm »

Thanks for the clarification Martin,

Looking forwards to 5.12, 5.13, 5.... :)

lowep

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 08:07:53 am »

When I attempted to upgrade the firmware on my e75db from 5.10 to 5.11 my Macbook repeatedly crashed in the middle of the upgrade. The laptop has never crashed before so I was a bit perplexed. However the upgrade ran smoothly when I changed machines from the macbook to a desktop computer with an older OS.

Maybe due to climate change ???

specs:
e75 serial number: e75-06-1025
macbook: 10.6.2 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
desktop:OS10.5.4, 2.67GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB DDR SDRAM
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:10:51 am by lowep »

MartinWidmann

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 04:01:54 am »

When I attempted to upgrade the firmware on my e75db from 5.10 to 5.11 my Macbook repeatedly crashed in the middle of the upgrade. The laptop has never crashed before so I was a bit perplexed. However the upgrade ran smoothly when I changed machines from the macbook to a desktop computer with an older OS.

Maybe due to climate change ???

specs:
e75 serial number: e75-06-1025
macbook: 10.6.2 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
desktop:OS10.5.4, 2.67GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB DDR SDRAM

Good, that you finally suceeded. Thank you for the Info. I will send it to our tech support.

Martin
Martin Widmann
Employed by Sinar Photography AG / Switzerland, however the opinions I express are my own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up