Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the best paper  (Read 1123 times)

framah

the best paper
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:19:06 am »

I have a customer who has asked me what is the very best paper to print his images on.  Based on the few images I saw, my first thought was toilet paper... but seeing as how his money is as good as anyone else, i will print anything he brings in. 

Obviously, his work will sell better if it is on the best paper available to him. ;)... and my Mercedes car payment will be assured for this month. ;D

So... what would you consider the best paper out there based on the gamut and brighteners and weight  and surface texture and such.  I have an Epson 9900.
His images are photographs and he doesn't want any photo looking paper but more artsy paper.
Thanks, guys.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: the best paper
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:25:12 am »

Long time no see :)

Try http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=46752.0, someone else asked this question last week. Also do a quick bit of searching, you'll find lots of threads on the topic.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 02:11:08 pm »

I have a customer who has asked me what is the very best paper to print his images on.  Based on the few images I saw, my first thought was toilet paper... but seeing as how his money is as good as anyone else, i will print anything he brings in.  

Obviously, his work will sell better if it is on the best paper available to him. ;)... and my Mercedes car payment will be assured for this month. ;D

So... what would you consider the best paper out there based on the gamut and brighteners and weight  and surface texture and such.  I have an Epson 9900.
His images are photographs and he doesn't want any photo looking paper but more artsy paper.
Thanks, guys.

I am very partial to Canson Platine Fiber Rag. Here are some comments about it and several other fine papers:

http://www.bobrockefeller.com/blog/some-archival-papers.html

Its not cheap, but that's not what you're looking for! :)

Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

framah

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 05:51:07 pm »

Thanks, guys!
 I already have a roll of the Canson Platine Rag. It just came in this week and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
I might get a roll of Epson Exhibition Rag and a roll of Canson Rag Photographique. The name alone should impress him!! ;D

Hi Neil!!
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."
Pages: [1]   Go Up