Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vault and Library question  (Read 3497 times)

offtheroad

Vault and Library question
« on: October 15, 2010, 11:21:44 am »

My main Library of Aperture on my main HD is 120GB and my backup Vault on my external HD is 116GB. Do I want to "replace the contents of my Vault with the contents of my Library"? Unfortunately I also have on my external HD another library that is tiny 2 GB, how do I know which library Aperture is talking about? In the ApertureGUI my Vault show only 22GB. Confused, please help.
I'm on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and Aperture 3.0.3
jbechdel@comcast.net
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 11:33:09 am by offtheroad »

stevegoldenberg

• Steve Goldenberg Photography
Re: Vault and Library question
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 02:01:12 pm »

Do you backup both Libraries or just your primary one?
Steve Goldenberg
Street &

offtheroad

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 10:52:52 pm »

Good question. Aperture has changed a bit in the last 3 years. I would "update Vault" but now I get that question I had in my previous post. "Do you want to replace contents of Vault with Library". I'm guessing it's the Library on my StartUp HD where Aperture app. is. So ike i said my main library has 4 more GB's than my vault and when I try to update it, it says it's already up to date. But then you have these otheor option like restore library, update vault path. So I'm confused.

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 10:24:43 pm »

The vaults that are updated are the vaults that are associated with the open library.  This pane basically means that any associated (and available) vaults will have all their contents updated to match your current library.

You can see all the vaults you have by expanding the tab at the bottom of the inspector pane (typically bottom left).  There's an arrow key which will open it and show all associated vaults, and how "up to date" they are, and whether they're currently available (the disk they're on is active and mounted).

offtheroad

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 07:57:42 am »

Thanks for your reply.
OK the only thing that shows up there is my Backup vault on my external HD and that valult says 22.7GB and on my external HD it's 116.58GB no libraries show up so what should I do? and why don't the vaults match in size?
jbechdel@comcast.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up