Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forget the dead leaves it's spring in Australia  (Read 2994 times)

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
Forget the dead leaves it's spring in Australia
« on: October 12, 2010, 07:18:01 pm »

Just returned from a 2000km trip to Mornington Peninsular and the NSW and Victorian countryside is looking the greenest it has for a long time. The canola is looking great too! The purple flower is Paterson's curse which can be toxic to some animals though the bee's love it.

Cheers,

Tom Brown

Jon Meddings

Re: Forget the dead leaves it's spring in Australia
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 08:33:02 pm »

Tom, I'm jealous!  Those are lovely pictures and I love canola. I've just been printing some shots from July in northern Canada when canola is at its peak. Beautiful work Tom.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:55:55 pm »

Okay, so I'm jealous.  There's talk we might even get snow this winter!  Yeesh!  My favourite is the top image for the abstract joining of the lines, followed by the second for the bands of purple/yellow/green.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

wirehunt

• Let's go shoot!
    • Lightchasers NZ
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 07:08:52 am »

Big thumbs up for these.  Not bad for an Aussie.  ;D
Chasing the light, what more could you want?

Another BLOG

Ray

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 12:51:06 pm »

Indeed, these are lovely shots. I've travelled down that way myself at this time of year, from Brisbane to Philip Island a few years ago. It was the first time I'd seen fields of canola, and other fields of Patterson's curse.

When I was on a tour in Europe recently, I saw similar bright yellow fields, but the coach wouldn't stop for me to take a few photos. These organised tours are really hopless for photographers.

In Europe, the yellow fields are not strictly canola, but rape seed which is used for bio-fuels. I think Canola is a modification of the rape seed plant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up