Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few from this weekend.  (Read 2780 times)

Lonnie Utah

A few from this weekend.
« on: October 12, 2010, 11:20:32 am »

Went down south for a little trip and got a few things.  Wasn't really a photo trip, but I got a few nice images.

North Window Reflection (Arches NP)

South Window Sunup (Arches NP)

I shot these two because I didn't want to get involved in the junk show that was turret arch thru the N. window.  I think I did much better, as I like the composition of this shot, and it hasn't been done to death.  Funny thing was, as soon as the other folks saw me doing my thing, BAM they had to come and do the same.  I had to shoot #1 really quickly so the herd of sheep wouldn't see me!  ;D

Canyonlands sunset

This photo was an after thought.  I wasn't even going to PP it, but after I did, I'm glad I did.  I thought it came out nice.

Native American Ruins

A fun shot of a SW classic.  Worth the hike and scramble to get there...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:25:30 am by Lonnie Utah »

Lonnie Utah

Re: A few from this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 01:35:45 pm »

Here's a pic of me getting #1.  The pod wouldn't go low enough...  ;D

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:58:39 pm »

Underexposed and oversaturated. Otherwise, nice and fresh composition in #1 and #4.

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 07:32:11 pm »

the last one (indian ruins) brings back memories.  I was with a friend heading to the site for a sunset image.   made it almost all the way and ended up breaking my right ankle.  I was going to crawl up the last hill to the ruins but the pain just was too much.  Headed to the ER instead.   not a fun 1 mile hike to the car (using a tripod for a cane).

What a unique site.   heard a few thoughts on what this area was used for?

nice captures of this great area.

I will have to get back there to finish the trek. 

Lonnie Utah

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 10:49:34 am »

the last one (indian ruins) brings back memories.  I was with a friend heading to the site for a sunset image.   made it almost all the way and ended up breaking my right ankle.  I was going to crawl up the last hill to the ruins but the pain just was too much.  Headed to the ER instead.   not a fun 1 mile hike to the car (using a tripod for a cane)  

Ironic because the guidebook specifically mentions turning an ankle in the scree field/down climb.  We took extra time in that area because of it.  My wife is 10 weeks preggers tomorrow and she made the hike with me!  :o

For those that are interested, you can see just a little bit of it on the left hand side of the frame just to the right of the alcove wall...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:55:54 am by Lonnie Utah »

Ifocus4u

• Constant Sound and Imaging Studio
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 01:07:31 pm »

Lonnie.. lovely shot.  A  tad over saturated possibly...but it still works for me.  I would suggest cropping the bottom to match the top for balance.  Just my taste of course.  Its cool to have a shot of you taking the image.  ;D

Lonnie Utah

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 01:09:07 pm »

Thanks, all.  I haven't had a chance to get back to these yet.  Going to do a monitor re-cal before I process them too...
Pages: [1]   Go Up