Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ColorNavigator (Eizo) pop-up message on gamma change..  (Read 4287 times)

kbqvist

ColorNavigator (Eizo) pop-up message on gamma change..
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:44:08 pm »

Hi,

I have a simple question that I hope you can help me with.

I'm using a cg241w monitor and Colornavigator. Occasionally Colornavigator presents a pop-up box stating that "Colornavigator detected a change of video card gamma connected to cg241w..", and offering me three choices for dealing with this:

1) reset to default
2) show message
3) ignore

The situation is described on page 83 in the colornavigator manual, but this only shows what happens, not how to deal with it.

Now to my question: Intuitively it would seem pretty obvious that if gamma had by some misfortune been changed, I would want Colornavigator to deal with it (option 1). But if it was that simple, there wouldn't really be any point in asking me what to do, would there?

So, I'm a bit worried that perhaps I don't understand the implications of the 3 options. Basically, I just want the monitor profile I have created to work whenever I'm using software such as Photoshop and Ligthroom. So, what should I do when the pop-up comes up?

A little additional question: What can have caused video card gamma to have been changed? Is there anything I should do to prevent that from happening, or any software that is the likely culprit?

Best wishes
Karsten

PS Using Windows Vista, LR 3, PS CS5, Firefox etc

colourperfect

• http://www.colourperfect.co.uk
Re: ColorNavigator (Eizo) pop-up message on gamma change..
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 01:58:32 pm »

I have a CG222W, Win 7 etc and ocassionaly get this warning. As I havent changed anything I ignore it and havent noticed any ill effects

Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up