Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Case by Case basis  (Read 1599 times)

ChristopherBarrett

Case by Case basis
« on: October 09, 2010, 10:59:46 pm »

The reflectors on my Profoto D1's were getting beat to hell by the baggage handlers recently, so I decided to trade in my lightwares for something a little beefier.

A lot of the gear I've rented has come in Versa-Flex cases so I thought, maybe those rental houses are on to something... or are they just "on something?"  I gave a call to Larry at Versa-Flex to order up three new strobe cases... his MU1724's seemed like they'd be a good replacement for my MF1623's.  Firstly, somebody is either being stingy or generous on their spec.s because the Versa-Flex's are definitely more than 1x1 inch bigger inside.  Secondly, these things are ROBUST.... I totally love them, and I feel much safer booking my next travel date.  The cases arrived in 2 or 3 weeks, I don't really remember how long it's been... less time than I had to wait for the lightware cases to be in stock, I know that. All in all I'm a happy camper.  I've heard reports that there stuff can often have a long lead time, but I'm pretty happy with my delivery time.  I've also got him working on a couple custom stand and tripod cases and am anxious to get those too.

Cool, Yo.

CB

amsp

Re: Case by Case basis
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:46:50 am »

They desperately need a better website.

BJNY

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:20:17 am »

CB,

Are the more robust Versa-flex case much heavier than its Lightware counterpart?
Guillermo

ChristopherBarrett

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 06:42:17 pm »

I'd estimate about 3 lbs heavier.  Negligible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up