Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestions needed for mounting prints made on Epson luster paper  (Read 1805 times)

mk

Hello,

Any suggestions for mounting large Epson luster surface inkjet prints?

My framer is having a difficult time mounting 23"x34" inkjet to gator board (how I used to mount C-prints), so I'm looking for other options - not matting.
Someone told me about "cool tack" for mounting inkjet prints, would anyone recommend this or something else comparable to the durability/price range of gator board?

Any input on hot vs. cold mounting of digital prints? I'm just discovering that inkjet prints don't mount like C-prints, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

MK

Bob Smith

• http://www.accurateimage.org
Re: suggestions needed for mounting prints made on Epson luster paper
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 06:24:30 pm »

I've done plenty of Luster prints about that size in a traditional dry mount press without major issue.  I don't see that it's much different from mounting C prints. However my preference now is to use cold mount materials in a roll laminator.  Very simple to do.  The results are great mounting to either gator or dibond.

Bob Smith

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 08:05:06 pm »

Hello,

Any suggestions for mounting large Epson luster surface inkjet prints?

My framer is having a difficult time mounting 23"x34" inkjet to gator board

My suggestion, find a new framer. Should not be a challenge.  Inkjet prints mount fine using either heat or cold mount processes.  really isn't much different to C-prints.

framah

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 12:58:48 pm »

Tell us what his problem is. Is the print not sticking? Is it bubbling up? How is he doing it?
 Personally, it sounds like he is using some sort of adhesive that isn't meant for the job at hand.

I agree with the previous suggestions and comments. First, find another framer. This one sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing.
Second, I have never had a problem heat mounting any Epson prints.  I do mine all the time as  well as for quite a few of my customers.

Don't know where you are located but email me and I will try to find one of my fellow framers who DOES know that they are doing.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."
Pages: [1]   Go Up