Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Signing Mats  (Read 2516 times)

AndrewKulin

• http://www.andrewkulin.com
Signing Mats
« on: October 09, 2010, 02:21:05 pm »

I will be matting a handful of prints in the next little while and I have a couple of questions:

• 1.  Title centred below the actual photograph, name/date near lower right corner of photograph, typical, right?
  • 2.  What is protocol for putting the date (year) on the photograph?  For instance, two of the photographs were taken in 2009, but I this is 2010.  So 2009 or 2010?
  • 3.  What hardness of Pencil is best - I am assuming HB

Thanks
[size=12p

JeffColburn

• The Creative's Corner
Re: Signing Mats
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 04:04:45 pm »

For my fine art prints, I have a 1"-2" white border on the print, and I sign my name there using a Sharpie acid free pen. Another photographer I know uses the same pen, and signs the print like I do, and the mat.

On the back of the mounting board I have a sticker with the print name, number, a statements saying that the print will last up to 98 years if displayed behind glass, and my website address.

If I were to put a date on the print, I would put the date the photograph was taken.

You can put the title, date and your name wherever you want. I've seen the title put on the center, and left corner of a mat. The signature and date on the center and right corner. So whatever you feel is best for you.

HB is fine.

Have Fun,
Jeff
If you're interested in photography, stock images of Arizona and Fine Art Prints of Arizona, visit www.TheCreativesCorner.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up