Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Location suggestions in Montreal  (Read 2296 times)

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Location suggestions in Montreal
« on: June 12, 2004, 10:02:15 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']just walking around old montreal is great.  Notre Dame will let you shoot, but not with a tripod, unless you have permission.  I'd suggest writing them in advance, making it clear it's for personal use only - then you have a letter to show the security folks.  It's worth it...

If you like cemeteries, the Notre Dame Des Neiges is great.  Also McGill University area.

My Webpage

(see #18 and a couple more from Montreal)[/font]

Les Willis

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 11:00:35 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']This isn't really a landscape location but I'll be in Montreal for a few days in mid July and was looking for some suggestions on buildings. Particularly some of the nice churches in town.  I'd hoped to go to the Notre-Dame Basilica if possible. Could anyone comment on where to go and what will be open (and likely to let me shoot)?

Thanks, Les.[/font]

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 09:03:21 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']In case you're not familiar with Montreal's geography it should be mentioned that there is a mountain in the middle (sort of) of the city. The south side of that mountain, which is called Mount Royal btw, faces the downtown and there are many interesting streets on that side. Park the car and walk, it's not that large an area to cover.

To add to the previous poster's comments, McGill University is situated on that south face, and that cemetary he mentioned is on the mountain's main plateau. St. Joseph's Oratory, a large cathedral, is on the north face, not far from Univ of Montreal.

Ditto on Old Montreal but get there early as the crowds form quickly and the streets fill with cars making it hard to get some shots.[/font]
--
Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up