Poll

Can you spot  which files came from the Hasselblad H3D-50?

A C E
- 2 (4.3%)
A D E
- 7 (14.9%)
A D F
- 5 (10.6%)
A C F
- 1 (2.1%)
B C E
- 3 (6.4%)
B D E
- 6 (12.8%)
B D F
- 4 (8.5%)
B C F
- 4 (8.5%)
no idea, who cares?
- 14 (29.8%)
all of them
- 0 (0%)
none of them
- 1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spot the Medium Format Files  (Read 18620 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Spot the Medium Format Files
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2010, 01:32:07 pm »

... It seems that there are two ways the pictures has been evaluated 1. The prettiest picture with the highest impact which favors Canon 2. The most natural picture that preserves tonality and fine low contrast detail which favors Hasselblad...

Just as side note: Kodak, for ten years, insisted on a similar logic against Velvia vs. Kodachromes and Ektachromes: the latter were simply more "natural", vs. Velvia's "unnaturally" exaggerated contrast and saturation. Kodak was of course right, colorimetric-wise, but wrong marketing-wise, as tons of people favored the "unnatural" look.

Nick-T

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2010, 04:17:23 pm »

My favourite photographer here – now sadly AWOL – uses Canon, but I could care less, he’s just very good and would be very good whatever he used.

I'm not AWOL Keith, shooting with Canon and Hasselblad.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

ondebanks

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010, 06:37:56 am »

I correctly grouped the frames into [ADE] and [BCF].  But I attributed each group to the wrong camera!

FWIW here were my observations as I examined the frames:

----------------

A: more colour-free details in the cleaver scratches; less blown knife highlights; whiter oof diffraction patterns
B: hot pixel in yellow background; chromatics on oof diffraction patterns

C: chroma noise, chromatics in oof diffraction patterns
D: speckly lumi noise, whiter oof diffraction patterns

E: more colour-free details in the sweets highlights; zero colour in white tablecloth texture; speckly lumi noise
F: more colour in oof diffraction patterns, sweets highlights & tablecloth texture

-> Hassy 50D= A, D, E ? [Wrong!!]

----------------

The interesting thing is that the Canon's optics had better chromatic correction (this shows regardless of the downsampling, sharpening etc.).
Sensor-wise, the H50D seems to have less luminance noise but more chroma noise (colour moire may explain this in the sharply focussed details, but it can't explain it in the oof regions).

Ray

geesbert

• http://www.randlkofer.com
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 08:13:01 am »

The interesting thing is that the Canon's optics had better chromatic correction (this shows regardless of the downsampling, sharpening etc.).

I wasn't impressed by the HTS at all. the whole thing feels like one of those aftermarket solution (Mirex, Zoerk, Cambo) I tried with my Canon. It is much more wobbly than what I want for a lens. I think Hasselblad would have done better with a construction with dedicated lenses like the Arcbody.

The 90mm Tse is one of Canon's oldest EF lenses, it has been introduced nearly 20 years ago in 1991. It is still ok, but could be much better, seeing what the new 17Tse and 24Tse are capable of. I really hope a new one comes around, I expect it with the introduction of the 1DSmk4 next year.
-------------------------
[url=http://ww
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up