Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New cattle  (Read 1342 times)

armand

• Photos
New cattle
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:33:14 pm »

I saw a couple of photos with cattle that were posted earlier and that reminded me about few shots a got this summer. I have mixed feelings about them so I'm curious to see what you think. Comments appreciated.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Re: New cattle
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:57:04 am »

The first is difficult, I find the oof cow too overpowering here but the idea is not bad, maybe experiment a little with how much cow you want to show vs. how much in focus background.

The second one I like, and tells a whole story. There's much more in it than just what you see in the frame.
pieter, aka pegelli

slowisfast

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 01:58:31 am »

the first doesn't really do anything for me.  the second image on the other hand i find to be very strong.  the lower half of a human in the top right corner is a bit distracting.  depending on your ethical opinion regarding cropping you might try bringing that right edge in and centralizing focus on the action in the center of the frame.  i also think this image would make for a great b&w conversion.

nice work. :)
i'm just a dude.

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 02:49:14 pm »

I agree with pegelli.  I like the story in the second one.  Cropping the bystander would reduce the story and worse loosing the edge of the road would reduce the space and place.  The color is strongly unbalanced, but such befits a man of action.  Bruce Cox

armand

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 08:48:27 pm »

Both shots were taken from a car so my positioning was not flexible at all. The second shot was taken with a dirty window in front of me also, I had to work a little on the photo to compensate for that. I'll try more in few years when I'll get back.

Regarding cropping: I tried to see how it looks but it's difficult not to cut on both humans. Not to mention I actually like the contrast between their attitudes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up