Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Tank G2  (Read 2751 times)

AJSJones

Image Tank G2
« on: March 12, 2004, 11:36:57 am »

Sean, Have you tried and failed or are you about to try? Can't tell from your question!  I don't have one of these devices but usually it'll be plug and play! When you plug it in (USB or FW) it will just show up on the desktop like any other drive and you drag and drop files or folders...
If you've tried and failed, you'll need to give us some details!

Andy

ryankbrooks

Image Tank G2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 06:11:35 pm »

I just plugged it into my mac- it saw it as a mass storage device.  No problem.

This is on a G4 Powebook running Panther.

sean

Image Tank G2
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 10:15:29 pm »

Hi,

I just bought an Image Tank G2.  Does anyone know how to get it to work on Mac OSX?  I'm a WinXP guy, but I do work on Macs at school and need to be able to transfer files back and forth.

Sean

framah

Image Tank G2
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 01:28:34 pm »

I got one of these things last year and after shooting a few test images on a card, I attempted to load them into the G2. It loaded and then promptly trashed the whole file!!     Biggest piece of junk I've had to deal with. On the plus side, the place where I got it promptly refunded my money
and I just used my laptop to download/store my images. You should check out the website of the ImageTank people as it has a customer comment site. Alot of negative comments there. Too bad I didn't check that out first.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

sean

Image Tank G2
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 10:27:14 am »

I tried and failed.  Most likely it is a problem with the way the Macs are setup in the lab on campus.  It never ceases to amaze me that the university will drop thousands upon thousands of dollars to fully equip a DV lab and then not hire someone to maintain the server for the computers...

Anyway, I've found a work-around method.  I just use my CF cards and the card reader and then transfer everything to the ImageTank.

Thanks for responding everyone.

Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up