Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Wide lenses  (Read 6779 times)

Dick Roadnight

Re: Super Wide lenses
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 05:07:36 am »

This thread would have been so much more informative if everyone had been specific on what format/sensor size, delivering what angle of view, they were using their lenses. Just saying "I use a XXmm", as some people did, is telling less than half the story.
Yes, thank you, the lens angle of view, format angle of view and stitch/tilt ability are very relevant... I should have asked this in the original post... but assuming all the lenses mentioned are Schneider Apo Digitar, is the info available where on the Schneider web site? I downloaded some info some time ago, but do not know where to find current info.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 07:14:46 am »

This thread would have been so much more informative if everyone had been specific on what format/sensor size, delivering what angle of view, they were using their lenses. Just saying "I use a XXmm", as some people did, is telling less than half the story.

Well, I dont think many are using a 1.3 crop for architecture. So you can probably assume that we were talking full frame or a 1.1x sensor

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 07:28:59 am »

Well, I dont think many are using a 1.3 crop for architecture. So you can probably assume that we were talking full frame or a 1.1x sensor

645 or 40 * 50mm, or thereabouts... but the format is less relevant if the lens has accessible spare image circle for shift-and0stitch.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

LiamStrain

• http://www.streetlevel-photography.com
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 06:40:22 pm »

Or 6x9cm, or 4x5 inch.

I don't like to assume.

Even going from a P30 to a P65+ means a big shift in apparent crop factor from 645, never mind the larger formats.

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 08:43:25 pm »

My local City has a very good art gallery, I was struck by the fact that painters do not feel the need to get everything in but paint to look natural, buildings always looked right the urge to make a cart or person appear out of proportion with the background was non-existant. I think it makes you look at the picture not the effect of the picture which can hide what the picture is trying to portray. Then again I shoot an awful lot on 17mm on 35mm and sometimes 12 mm the effect does please clients and if the client is pleased I am pleased.

Kevin.
Kevin.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up