Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new guy  (Read 1130 times)

slowisfast

new guy
« on: October 05, 2010, 06:19:10 pm »

Hey all,
I've been a board gazer for a while now and finally decided to register and become part of this community.  There is a wealth of knowledge here that I hope to tap in to.  I'd love critique on some of my images.  (good/bad)  I just want to be the best photographer I can and have never really been part of a photographic community.  I look forward to getting to know and interacting will all of you.  Learning from most while giving guidance to those who are just beginning.  Thank you in advance.  :)
Best,
Ian
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 05:03:22 am by slowisfast »
i'm just a dude.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Re: new guy
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 12:11:27 pm »

Really like 1 and 3, because there's so much more to see than only the picture.

2 and 4 say less to me, technically well executed and not bad shots but somehow the addition of the human figures seems a bit artificial or forced.
pieter, aka pegelli

slowisfast

Re: new guy
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:15:18 pm »

....but somehow the addition of the human figures seems a bit artificial or forced.

i appreciate your comment.  i understand what you mean by artificial.  while both were totally natural scenes and not forced in any way, i feel as if shooting someone from behind can come across as a bit contrived.  it's something i'm working on(kinda) it's an easy way to make a photograph(although not necessarily a compelling one)

thanks again!

ian
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:12:21 pm by slowisfast »
i'm just a dude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up