Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Down loads  (Read 1490 times)

matt4626

Down loads
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:10:25 am »

When I copy and paste from a CF card to a folder on my desk top...the card then shows "no images" per the camera and photoshop. However the card still reads full on shots remaining? Whats going on? ???

stamper

Re: Down loads
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:19:41 am »

Why copy and paste? Just drag. Are you using Windows 7? It might be a permissions thingy.

matt4626

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 05:24:15 pm »

Windows XP. I want the images to stay on the card and the hard drive..seems that "copy" should not delete anything?? Doesn't "drag" remove the images from the card?

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 05:27:10 pm »

Windows XP. I want the images to stay on the card and the hard drive..seems that "copy" should not delete anything?? Doesn't "drag" remove the images from the card?

Not by default. Dragging within the same drive moves, dragging across drives copies. Inconsistent, yes - you can thank MS for that UI gem. Hold CTRL to change the behavior.

Copy does not delete anything. Either you are overlooking something (stamper's point sounds about right), or the card may be corrupted.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:29:32 pm by feppe »

matt4626

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 05:33:09 pm »

Thanks! Just tried "drag" and it does leave images on the card and moves them to hard drive...got to love Microsoft (not).
"Copy & Paste" removes something from the card...same behavior on all my cards, card readers (2) and computers (3)??
Problem solved with "Drag". ;D

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 05:46:18 pm »

Thanks! Just tried "drag" and it does leave images on the card and moves them to hard drive...got to love Microsoft (not).
"Copy & Paste" removes something from the card...same behavior on all my cards, card readers (2) and computers (3)??
Problem solved with "Drag". ;D

That's a strange bug, glad it's sorted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up