Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing small on the iPF6300?  (Read 2454 times)

Richard Favinger Jr

• Favinger Photography
Printing small on the iPF6300?
« on: October 02, 2010, 04:58:29 pm »

As per Ron Martin's review Part 2 (1/4 down):
"Unlike some of the smaller printers, you can’t print 4x6 sheets with this printer. If small prints are important to you then you’ll need to come up with a strategy that works for your needs. Personally, I print either a 4x24” strip of landscape orientation photos (4) or a 6x24” strip of portrait orientation photos (6) with the borderless settings using a roll (as shown above) so that all I have to do is make one cut per photo and I’m done."

Review link...
http://www.ronmartblog.com/2010/09/canon-imageprograf-63006350-overview_22.html

OK Fine..
I open Lightroom 3... I go to the Print Module... File > Page Setup > Manage Custom Sizes... + Add a paper size of 24 Wide 6 High... 0.00 Margins all around... I choose the made paper and make a template with 6 4x6's on it... I go to Print...Page Setup choose 24" Roll ... and...? No option for borderless printing, it's grayed out. The Page Size box says 24x6, the little dialogue box to the left (Mac OS X) says 6x24 ~> 8.5x11...

So? Whats up guys? Did I do something really stupid?
Rich

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: Printing small on the iPF6300?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 05:25:45 pm »

I just gave this a whirl on my iPF5100, and while my minimum length is 8" not 6" I was able to set up a 17x8" borderless config in the printer dialog. I'm on Windows though. Not quite sure what is going on :(

Neil

P.S. Too funny seeing Ron's article mentioned. I was over at his house a month ago trying the 6300 he reviewed :)
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Richard Favinger Jr

• Favinger Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 08:38:05 pm »

Neil,
I can do an 8" minimum print as well. The only other got'ya for borderless is that it expands the print for overlaps by a percentage. Thus meaning on a series of say 6x 4x6's 'expanded' to fit borderless, every print will be just so slightly off. This makes printing exact sets useless.

What I have done (before I read this review) was make a template slightly bigger, dealing with borders and just fit them inside the limitations with minimal waste. If you'd like to bring this up to Ron, please do. I don't have a direct e-mail for him.
Rich

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 01:53:44 am »

I'd just leave a comment for him at the end of the article, he'll see it that way.

FWIW I just don't bother printing 4x6" borderless. If I *really* needed 4x6 I'd print them on 8.5x11" and trim them with my rotatrim.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

ronmart

• Ron Martinsen's Photography Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 03:37:24 am »

I've been meaning to write an article about this but just haven't got around to it yet.

YES, it is possible to do 4x6 borderless. Now I didn't try it from my Mac, so that could be part of the problem.

Let me know if you haven't sorted this out yet.

Nigel Johnson

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 02:46:22 pm »

Ron

I have been lurking on this topic hoping for an answer and look forward to the article. Can you please also check it out on a Mac.

If you don't wish to do an article, some instructions in this forum would be very helpful.

Many thanks,
Nigel

PS Thank you for your review of the iPF6300, it was helpful in informing my purchase of an iPF6300.

ronmart

• Ron Martinsen's Photography Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 03:06:46 pm »

Nigel - just keep asking me. I've got big queue of things to get through now, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up