Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White Balance & D-60  (Read 1786 times)

Pete

White Balance & D-60
« on: December 06, 2002, 09:13:24 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Hi shamrock838!

Maybe this might help.  If shooting raw images, you can adjuct wb when you convert.  

I've found that, with my D60 set to auto w/b and a 550ex flash, I often get a "cold" shot.  Sometimes, especially if photograhing family around the house, flash w/b seems a bit warmer.

Concrning jpegs . . . a suggestion made to me was to experiment with different w/b's under the various conditions you most often shoot, and then use the two or three that you like best.  The advantage to digital, of course, is that the experimentation doesn't cost anything but a little time.  If you have time for a second shot, try a couple of various settings so you have a reference to what suits you best.  Good luck!

Pete[/font]

shamrock838

White Balance & D-60
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 01:06:51 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']White Balance and Canon D-60:

I’m not very knowledgeable about the intricacies of white balance…so please bear with me…

What is the difference(s) between using  the Auto WB option and being sure the WB is set to each changing lighting condition?  Are the differences that critical?

Please elaborate.  Many thanks.

M I k e[/font]

Pete

White Balance & D-60
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 09:15:45 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Hi shamrock838!

Maybe this might help.  If shooting raw images, you can adjuct wb when you convert.  

I've found that, with my D60 set to auto w/b and a 550ex flash, I often get a "cold" shot.  Sometimes, especially if photograhing family around the house, flash w/b seems a bit warmer.

Concerning jpegs . . . a suggestion made to me was to experiment with different w/b's under the various conditions you most often shoot, and then use the two or three that you like best.  The advantage to digital, of course, is that the experimentation doesn't cost anything but a little time.  If you have time for a second shot, try a couple of various settings so you have a reference to what suits you best.  Good luck!

Pete[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up