Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Point Pelee  (Read 4201 times)

jabberwocky

Point Pelee
« on: April 15, 2004, 12:08:32 pm »

I was there last year to shoot the migratory songbirds. I found it's a difficult place for simple, clean-background bird shots because of the density of the branches. On the other hand, the number of species was great.

East of Pelee, about an hour's drive, is Rondeau Provincial Park where I had more success getting the kind of bird shots I wanted. There are several other small sanctuaries in the area which you should be able to find in tourist publications. The Jack Miner place is interesting to visit too.

The landscape is primarily farmland. I don't do much landscape so didn't look for locations.

Enjoy

Ken Sky

Point Pelee
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 05:05:22 pm »

I'm going to Point Pelee in 2 weeks for a birdwatching weekend. Any tips on good locations for landscape as well as bird photography?

Ken Sky

Point Pelee
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 10:35:43 am »

Thanks for the tip. The laqst time I was in Rondeau the trees had leafed out making bird sitings let alone photos next to impossible. It's better from the point of not being "funnelled" into one point at the tip but seemed to offer fewer opportunities for any landscape photography.
Pages: [1]   Go Up