Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: understanding monitors  (Read 1459 times)

billy

understanding monitors
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:55:06 am »

I am confused to which monitor between my 2 is accurate. Here is my story;

I had a mac cinema display at my studio running on my mac tower, I replaced it recently with the NEC 241 24 inch. I have a macbook pro laptop that is used for location or at home. My laptop shows more highlight detail in photos, typically it shows the skies to be denser, with detail, while both my expensive displays on my tower at the studio show less highlight detail, skies without density etc. I calibrate my studio / tower monitor with a device and software and keep the room light dim. This difference in detail happens when viewing pictures in C1 pro, PS, or online with Safari.

Which one shows the truth?

walter.sk

Re: understanding monitors
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 04:49:23 pm »

If your studio monitor is profiled and you are using the profile correctly, the colors you see on that display are probably what you have in the file.  When you view those files on your laptop, I assume that the laptop is not profiled, and is set for high contrast and saturation as a default.  That would not only mean that the images you view on the laptop are "boosted" in contrast and saturation, but if you use the laptop to optimize the files, when they look right on the laptop they will look less contrasty and saturated on the studio monitor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up