Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Girls  (Read 8682 times)

Ifocus4u

• Constant Sound and Imaging Studio
The Girls
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:52:01 pm »

Did a photo shoot at a farm with lots of good looking cows and an old abandoned farm house.  Here is one my fav cow shots.  All comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 01:25:26 pm by Ifocus4u »

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Re: The Girls
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 01:10:35 am »

Very nice composition and posing of your "models". I find it both humorous and well executed.

Not too fond of the HDR-ish PP, but take that with a grain of salt since that's much more a matter of taste (with as many opinions as people looking at it).
pieter, aka pegelli

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 10:51:29 am »

great composition.   very humerous    Title also very good.

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:55:38 am »

Signed model releases, then?

;-)

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 10:59:30 am »

I'm with Pieter on this one. I love the poses and the composition, but the HDR effect bothers me. I feel the same about your abandoned house images, but maybe if you keep on posting, I'll learn to like your style.

The cows are wonderful.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 11:20:44 am »

Did a photo shoot at a farm with lots of good looking cows and an old abandoned farm house.  Here is one my fav cow shots.  All comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

You have established a rapport with your subjects... do you find that being a girl helps you communicate with the girls?

I have girls who help me communicate with my girl subjects, who wear tu-tus or leotards.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:28:06 am by Dick Roadnight »
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 01:42:18 pm »

I’m not usually a fan of the HDR look either (although this could be on the cusp) and in this case, it doesn’t bother me. Might be interesting to see it toned down but considering its such a fun image, I think it works.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 05:27:55 pm »

You have established a rapport with your subjects... do you find that being a girl helps you communicate with the girls?
I have girls who help me communicate with my girl subjects, who wear tu-tus or leotards.

Oh boy, have you touched a real nest of vipers!

Does a model give a woman photographer what she gives a male one? Don't go there!

Rob C

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 05:42:55 pm »

Oh boy, have you touched a real nest of vipers!

Does a model give a woman photographer what she gives a male one? Don't go there!

Rob C
The hope and theory is that any professional model gives any professional photographer professional service.

I pride myself in my ability to benevolently befriend animals, ladies and children.

I often tell lovely 25-year-olds whose children I have befriended that I am a "Babe Magnet" ¿at 61?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

JohnKoerner

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 05:51:47 pm »

Did a photo shoot at a farm with lots of good looking cows and an old abandoned farm house.  Here is one my fav cow shots.  All comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

I like this :)

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 10:57:55 am »

The hope and theory is that any professional model gives any professional photographer professional service.

I pride myself in my ability to benevolently befriend animals, ladies and children.

I often tell lovely 25-year-olds whose children I have befriended that I am a "Babe Magnet" ¿at 61?

At 61 you damn well should be!

But regarding the first point, models and snappers' gender, it is imposible for a model to treat them the same. They both (the photographers) play different parts of the tune and with different instruments. It's a fact. That's why there is no male Sarah Moon and no female David Bailey, only lousy copies of both. Gender is a fixed state of mind, try as one wants to cross the borders at some creative moments, you have to fail. Actually, best not to try; just continue the fine tradition of pulling babes at 61! Of course, a Ferrari or yacht help in this respect, the gifted keys to the former being the most potent aphrodisiac known to mankind.

Rob C
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:20:05 pm by Rob C »

Ifocus4u

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 03:10:33 pm »

Very nice composition and posing of your "models". I find it both humorous and well executed.
Not too fond of the HDR-ish PP, but take that with a grain of salt since that's much more a matter of taste (with as many opinions as people looking at it).

Pegelli,..thanks for commenting and I understand HDR is not for everyone but I am passionate for it.  I'm pleased you enjoyed viewing my models.. ;)  ;D

great composition.   very humerous    Title also very good.

Thanks Larry.  Happy you enjoyed the image and the humour.. ;D

Signed model releases, then?
;-)
Rob C
:D :D :D :D Yeh.. good one.. :D :D :D

I'm with Pieter on this one. I love the poses and the composition, but the HDR effect bothers me. I feel the same about your abandoned house images, but maybe if you keep on posting, I'll learn to like your style.
The cows are wonderful.
Eric

Hi Eric...HDR sure isn't for everyone but I'm pleased you still enjoy viewing them.  Cows are just so photogenic.  Moo!   ;D

:D :D  Could be.  Although they all seemed so friendly and curious..even the bull... who is very tame.  thankfully!!!   ;) ;D

I’m not usually a fan of the HDR look either (although this could be on the cusp) and in this case, it doesn’t bother me. Might be interesting to see it toned down but considering its such a fun image, I think it works.

HDR is often over done and I try to keep it toned down to as close to natural as possible for the sake of enhancement.  I'm pleased you still enjoy my shots even HDR's...  ;)  I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks.

I like this :)

Thanks John

At 61 you damn well should be!
Rob C

I think we are all babes after 50.   ;) ;D

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 04:48:09 pm »

I keep coming back to this one. It's like a catchy tune that you can't get out of your head. The Girls have such a sense of presence and authority!
I'm even getting to accept the HDR treatment, which adds to the "in your face" quality of this one.

I guess I'll have to go find a meeting of HDR-Haters Anonymous to attend.   :(

A truly great cow photo!

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

DuncanAndison

• http://www.takenfromthetop.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »

Great composition and expressions.... superb!

Duncan

JohnKoerner

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 07:49:56 am »

I keep coming back to this one. It's like a catchy tune that you can't get out of your head. The Girls have such a sense of presence and authority!
I'm even getting to accept the HDR treatment, which adds to the "in your face" quality of this one.
A truly great cow photo!
Eric

I agree. I think the HDR is what makes the photo. Gives it a 3D-effect.

I have come back to this photo at least a dozen times---and I enjoy it on each return viewing. Very creative ... and makes me smile every time I see it.

Well done

Jack

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 09:02:41 am »

Beautiful work!

Ifocus4u

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 11:14:35 am »

A truly great cow photo!
Eric

My goodness Eric... I am very flattered indeed!  I believe there is an HDR/AA..  just down the road  ;) :D :D  I am not a fan of heavy HDR and I try to use is as lightly as possible for enhancement but sometimes use it too heavily too. Thanks again Eric.   :)

Ifocus4u

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 11:19:39 am »

I agree. I think the HDR is what makes the photo. Gives it a 3D-effect.
I have come back to this photo at least a dozen times---and I enjoy it on each return viewing. Very creative ... and makes me smile every time I see it.
Well done
Jack

Thank You!  :)

Great composition and expressions.... superb!
Duncan

Thanks Duncan..  :)

Thank you too Justan.   :)

John R

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 10:27:30 pm »

I now see that your photo of the wall I commented on earlier was likely HDR. I can't say it matters much; the photo looked realistic enough to me, with a soft glow, which I took to be natural light.

Now to this cow image. I really like how you juxtaposed the cows and cropped the foreground cow at the legs, allwoing the cow to dominate but to include the secodary cows and create wonderful rhythm. This image is less HDR looking and more hyperreal or surreal looking- almost 3D, like a painting style. Very nice. How does one HDR cows that move? Rapid fire shots and then mix?

JMR

Ifocus4u

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 10:31:51 am »

Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to comment..  :)  Cows don't move much... thankfully.  Once they are interested in something they are like dead weights.  I shot fast to get my 5 exposures and I didn't expect it to work out.. but it did.  I also stayed very still and held my breath hoping they would do the same..  :).  The lead cow followed me around like a puppy dog.  I think cows are naturally hams.   ;)  Cheers
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up