Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar 54M support  (Read 3715 times)

Dick Roadnight

Sinar 54M support
« on: September 30, 2010, 04:27:13 pm »

What file format does the Sinar 54M produce?

What software will handle it on Mac/Snow Leopard?

Is it compatible with phocus?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Dennis Carbo

Re: Sinar 54M support
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:35:52 pm »

Hi Dick,

It produces a .STI file and can use either Captureshop or Sinar Exposure, Exposure exports DNG files and the Just anounced version of Captureshop does DNG export as well.  I run a Rollei 6008i with 54M tethered to an Axiotron Modbook running snow leopard.

Love that back !

Regards,

Dennis

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 04:52:41 pm »

Hi Dick,

It produces a .STI file and can use either Captureshop or Sinar Exposure, Exposure exports DNG files and the Just anounced version of Captureshop does DNG export as well.  I run a Rollei 6008i with 54M tethered to an Axiotron Modbook running snow leopard.

Love that back !

Regards,

Dennis
Thanks... do they do free upgrades, or what does the software cost?

What do you use yours for?

I suppose that the files make a 24Mpx Canicon look sick?

TMARK

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 05:00:41 pm »

Great files.  I rented these from Fotocare back in the day for beauty work.  The thing that I hated was the 3.5 - 6 second per frame shooting rate tethered to a G4 Powerbook.  I found I could shoot 4x5 faster than the 54M.  I bet they've improved Capture Shop so that the shot to shot time isn't so painful.

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 05:09:42 pm »

Hi Dick,

Capture shop and Exposure software are free downloads from the sinar site....upgrades free as well !

I use mine for Architecture shooting and love it, files are clean plenty of latitude - without starting a war regarding DSLR's and how they compare... I use both and find the 54M files better than anything I have shot with even the D3X.  It is however, MUCH more cumbersome - in my work it suits me fine as i am usually on location for the day, night or both ! lol

Specifically the back combined with the schnieder glass is far sharper than anything I have been able to produce with any dslr (as would be expected)

dynamic range is great and files hold up well if you need to do heavy manipulation.

I have also used it with a P2 and sliding back for stitched shots and it supports live focus with that rig

I know it is an older back but produces excellent images, I cant even imagine what the new backs are capable of !

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:11:53 pm »

LOL......yep not the fastest I can do about 1 capture every 2 or 3 seconds using the 2.4mhz modbook and latest captureshop 5.6.6

Like I said...not the fastest but my subjects dont move  ;D

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 06:15:28 am »

Hi Dick,
Specifically the back combined with the Schneider glass is far sharper than anything I have been able to produce with any dslr (as would be expected)
I was thinking it was a relatively low-res back that would not out-resolve Hasselblad Zeiss film lenses or Super-Angulons... are you talking about Super-Angulons etc. or Apo-digitars ( I have both). 

dynamic range is great and files hold up well if you need to do heavy manipulation.

I have also used it with a P2 and sliding back for stitched shots and it supports live focus with that rig
What do you need for live focus/live view? ...I have P, P2 & P3, Sinar sliding back, 54M adapter... and Copal shutters at he moment, but I expect to get eShutters.

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 02:28:48 pm »

I was thinking it was a relatively low-res back that would not out-resolve Hasselblad Zeiss film lenses or Super-Angulons... are you talking about Super-Angulons etc. or Apo-digitars ( I have both).  What do you need for live focus/live view? ...I have P, P2 & P3, Sinar sliding back, 54M adapter... and Copal shutters at he moment, but I expect to get eShutters.

I use the Schneider 40/3.5 for the rollei 6000 series - i do not think it is made in a hassy mount

I think you need the e shutter for live view - i dont recall..

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 04:28:22 pm »

Thank you all for the info...

If anyone wants on there is one on eBay.

I decided not to buy it,partly as I have just been hit for 20% tax and import duty on my last purchase from USA!

I will keep an eye out for one in Europe.

Dick

galupi20

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 05:47:55 pm »

For Live View you will need this :    http://www.sinar.ch/en/products/accessories/60-sinar-p3-zubehoer/202-sinar-lc-verschluss

I use LC Shutter with 54M and Arca Swiss M-Line Two, Hassy 500CM and Sinar x.

Luis
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 05:54:46 pm by galupi20 »

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 04:57:08 am »

On the Sinar 54m topic but different request. Can someone tell me where I can find one or more 54m .sti raw files.

I want to run one through their software. A potential project is coming up and a potential camera/54m as well that I might use. Appreciate the help.

Sinar offers nothing I can find in the way of raw samples like Leaf has done for sometime.

my email johnschweikert(at)gmail.com

Thanks.

Where are you?

What camera are thinking of using it on?

There are 545M users her, and I expect one will let you have a file.

There is a 54M on Ebay that you could buy... I was thinking of getting it, an if you want it but do not want to buy it hiring might be a possibility (especially if you are on the right side of the pond).

I have a Sinar P3 adapter for this back... and I am working towards a (backup) Sinar system using Apo-Digitars and eShutters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up