Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help finding a post: Rigging on a Volt or Ampera  (Read 1264 times)

tetsuo77

Help finding a post: Rigging on a Volt or Ampera
« on: September 30, 2010, 03:01:10 am »

Dear LuLa Braintrust,

I need to find a post about wide angles, car pictures and rigging [and how to make that rigging dissapear]. Not for technique, but to win a bet. We bet some Grolsch, and that is a difficutl catch outside Netherlands. And can not affored yet another 2 hours looking for it via the search engine.

The post in question had a grey Volt or Ampera image, showing the before and after of a shot and the post-processing in order to make the rigging dissapear. That is what I remember of it. And I did have it bookmarked. Computer catastrophy made that bookmarking, well, lost.

Thanks y´all so much.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:29:40 am by tetsuo77 »

JonathanBenoit

Re: Help finding a post: Rigging on a Volt or Ampera
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:36:25 am »

I think I remember this was posted by James Haefner (haefnerphoto). I think it was under the thread Recent Professional Works, but I might be wrong.

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:14:30 pm »

Yes, I posted the image in early June.  Here's the unretouched shot again.  The final image can be found on my website.  Hope you win the Grolsch!  Jim

tetsuo77

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 04:47:04 am »

Yay!!!!!!
I won!
[The Grolsch, I mean].

"zenks" [with german accent]  ;)
Thing is: I remember helping out with a hyperrcar shooting, and it is still amazing how what we might think for a picture to be a montage is, in reality, not a montage, but a very carefully staged photo, and pictures that look natural have an staggering amount of photo editing and postproduction done.

And that is the question here.
Another picture of a SL Benz showed the car moving while the car having still the stick in P position. Nevertheless, the photo showed other subtle aspects that showed it was not a montage, but a very carefully staged photo: the tarmac blur was that kind of blur which, up until now and to my knowledge, is imposible to mimic.

My guess was: car on sliders and cable, as we did with the hypercar shot [that which must not be named]. And then I did remember the whole story about the Volt/Ampera. Which is the perfect show for it.

All the very best, and zenk´s again!

[And Haefner, you´ll get a Grolsch, too].

LiamStrain

• http://www.streetlevel-photography.com
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:56:03 am »

On a similar note - here is a hood mount boom shot by a friend of mine - start to finish.
http://www.chicagophotoshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4469
Pages: [1]   Go Up