Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antarctica this November (2010)  (Read 1416 times)

DavidB

• http://davidburren.com/
Antarctica this November (2010)
« on: September 30, 2010, 01:08:56 am »

As some of you know, I'm leading a photography workshop this November which will be on-board a ship travelling from Ushuaia to the Falklands, South Georgia, and the Antarctic Peninsula. A very similar itinerary to the Feb'07 Luminous Landscape trip. In fact the ship we're travelling on is one of the sister-ships of the one they travelled on. Michael kindly mentioned our trip back in March.

The ship only takes 54 passengers, and our photography group is making up about a third of the passengers (for example we're sharing this trip with a diving group). The ship operator (Aurora Expeditions) has informed me that some last-minute cancellations have opened up some extra berths and we can expand our numbers slightly. We have two leaders/instructors in our group, so I'm still happy with the numbers if we get a few more. The ship departs Ushuaia on the 8th of November, so there are only about 5 weeks to go. If you're in a position to join our crazy group, please take a look. The trip's description page has background details, the new berths are in twin-share cabins with private bathrooms, and a discount is being offered to help fill these last-minute spots (brings the berth down to US$12,411). Bookings can be made directly with Aurora Expeditions.

We're also heading back to Antarctica and the Falklands in March 2011, although that voyage will not be visiting South Georgia.
Pages: [1]   Go Up