Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC PA221w in Europe - Spectraview II or basiCColor display 4 ?????  (Read 3576 times)

heinrichvoelkel

Hello,

after trying to find a solution to my problem on various forums I'm still have no idea what to do:

I'm based in Germany and bought a NEC Pa221w screen. Now I want to calibrate it.

As Spectraview II is not available here in Europe for purchase, I would ask a friend in the US to purchase it an email me the TAN for the software. I would buy a Xrite EyeOne 2 and use the software to hardware calibrate the monitor.

I did read in some german forums, that the US Spectraview II software will not work with a European monitor which is not from the European Spectraview line?!

Is this true? And if yes, should I use basiCColor display 4 for hardware calibrating the monitor ( the basiCColor support told me, their software will hardware calibrate the NEC PA221w)

Any insight?

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: NEC PA221w in Europe - Spectraview II or basiCColor display 4 ?????
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 12:40:11 pm »

It's a total BS - Spectraview II will work like a charm. On the contrary, basICColor Display 4 (a.k.a Spectraview Profiler 4) won't.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 12:46:47 pm »

Ahhh, good to know...so the Spectraview software is the way to go?! I will buy a Xrite Eye one 2 asap...

Thanks

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 01:11:07 pm »

Natürlich. If you have a friend overseas, consider buying SVII-PRO-KIT with custom calibrated color sensor, it works better than a regular i1d2.

aaronchan

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 05:13:50 am »

NEC does released the license to BasicColor to calibrate and profile with the hardware LUT

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 12:13:14 pm »

Oh, yeah - it's only available as a kit (software, Spyder3 and the hood), and costs more than P221 (almost 500E) - that's nothing but a bad joke.

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 12:35:10 pm »

You can buy basiCColor display 4 for around 100 Euros. Support told me their software will hardware and LUT calibrate the PA221w. But if it is any good or better than Spectraview II they didn't tell me...

bohdank

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 03:20:23 pm »

BasICColor will calibrate and load the monitor LUT on my NEC PA241. I downloaded the trial and used it last night. Now, I need to find somewhere to actually buy it. I'm in Canada.
Pages: [1]   Go Up