Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery Stretcher Pro 60 inch  (Read 4345 times)

thomasmoran

Gallery Stretcher Pro 60 inch
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:50:14 pm »

Hi everyone, just wanted to see if anyone else here is using a Gallery Stetcher Pro 60inch? I've had mine now for about 4 months and can't say enough good things about it. The Pro model that we have allows for the nail gun to run along a rail and what use to take me 20 minutes to do by hand now takes me 2 and half. David from Canvas stretching machine has been wonderful to deal with every step of the way and has helped us out beyond what is called for. In short, if your looking for a good, reliable canvas stretcher I would not hesitate to recommend the Gallery Stretcher 60.

Thomas Moran
www.44wide.com

Darrel

Re: Gallery Stretcher Pro 60 inch
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 04:18:38 pm »

I see you recently bought the Canon 8300 from your webpage.  I have been looking at them as well (BC) but I was very sad to see that Canon Canada does not offer any rebates at all.  Since Epson offers rebates in Canada they may be my first choice for a new printer since rebate issues really frustrate me. I am looking at a US Canon supplier for good prices but no rebate for non US citizens/address.

Larry Adamache

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 10:09:56 pm »

Darren

I just bought the 8300 from Vistek, Calgary.  There was an $800 rebate that supposedly expires Sept. 30th.  I live in BC so saved HST by buying in Calgary.

I was also negotiating with B&H in New York, but shipping costs were too high plus I would have had to pay HSt at border.  Some US suppliers including B&H have instant rebates from Canon that do not distinguish between US & Canadians.   Canon Canada let me know that if I bought the printer in the US, I would have to wait up to 2 weeks for warranty service if something went wrong.

Larry

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:23:12 pm »

I have to agree... I use the Gallery Stretcher 60 and love it.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Kelly

NWFAP

• Matthew S. - From NW Fine Art Printing
    • Northwest Fine Art Printing
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 04:41:28 am »

I have to disagree.  I'm running a Gallery Stretcher Pro as well and do feel it's a decent machine but have a few issues. The pro staple gun was a nightmare!  The mounting track and staple gun holder are several pieces held together with screws that over time/use loosen up making the staple gun wobbly and inconvenient.  The supplied gun NEVER fires correctly!!! I switched it out for a Senco and don't have any problems now. 

Also, the machine doesn't always apply even pressure (which can be vary annoying when stretching color wraps).  The blocks that push the stretcher bar (doing the actual work) don't fit all stretcher bar sizes (we found that bars with grooved backs work best). 

Over all, the machine works well and does decrease stretching time/fatigue from stretching by hand, but it's NOT as simple as the videos try to make it look.

We do hundreds of canvases on the machine and will be ordering more machines to increase our output (including the Gallery 96 altered to be similar to the pro) but we are doing so knowing we have passed the 4-6 month learning stage and also plan to make several alterations to the new machines to make them function like the machine we currently run.
Matthew S.<br />Business Development<br /> G7 Expert

williamrohr

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 08:42:43 pm »

Have the machine, love it ... short learning curve (and I was a rank amateur with canvas before using it).  Agree with high recommendation.  Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up