Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with the z3100 drivers  (Read 799 times)

Sunny Kelly

problem with the z3100 drivers
« on: September 28, 2010, 02:42:49 pm »

I cannot get the drivers or the print utility to install. When I try the utility I get the
 " error 2 running command.\setup.exe.. The driver install says it cannot complete the install. I have tried to uninstall all the HP stuff but it still will not install

Ian99

Re: problem with the z3100 drivers
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:00:17 pm »

You need to give us a bit more information.
What is the version number of the driver you are trying to install.
What is your operating system?

Sunny Kelly

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 03:33:01 pm »

61.101.366.41 18 Aug 2010 driver,  1.11.0.3 (11 May 2010) printer utility

Ian99

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 07:18:47 pm »

I shouldn't have to struggle to find out which OS you are using, but I found it in the thread "Z3100 new driver/firmware" started by Roscolo on July 19, 2010. I note that you have posted in that thread and that I noted a lack of success with that driver.

However, if you had Googled the phrase "error 2 running command" you would have found that the problem is in the Unzip program you are using, specifically:

"An Error 2 running command xx message usually indicates that path information in the original Zip file was not entered in the command to issue. Please note that a self-extracting Zip file uses whatever directory structure is stored in the original Zip file. If you create your Zip file with path information unintentionally, the result would be files extracted to a subdirectory of the expected location."

Try again and look closely for the correct directory.
If you can get that driver working on Win7-64, please report back to the group as there is mixed success with it, even once it gets installed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up