Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop Book Recomendation  (Read 2790 times)

dmerger

Photoshop Book Recomendation
« on: September 26, 2010, 06:27:08 pm »

I have “Real World Photoshop CS” by David Blatner and Bruce Fraser.  That book has been a great source of very useful information.  I recently upgraded to Photoshop CS4. I’m looking for a more current book.

How do “Real World Adobe Photoshop CS4 for Photographers” and “Real World Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers” compare to “Real World Photoshop CS”, i.e. are they basically the same type of book in substance and style but just updated to cover the more recent versions of PS?  I’m not sure whether to get a book about CS5 (I doubt that I’ll upgrade to CS5 but will probably wait for a later version of PS) or stick with a book about CS4. Any suggestions?

How does “Real World Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers” compare to the new book by Martin Evening and Jeff Schewe, “Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: The Ultimate Workshop”?

I have a fairly good knowledge about how to use Photoshop.  I work on landscape photos from scanned film and make prints or have prints made for me.  I don’t need information about CMYK or RAW.  I would appreciate book recommendations.
Dean Erger

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Photoshop Book Recomendation
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 06:31:37 pm »

dmerger

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 06:47:36 pm »

Thanks for your very prompt reply, Jeff.  I remembered the post you linked and even did a search for it, but somehow I missed it in my search. 

It sounds like your new book is what I’m looking for.  I’ll look for it next month. 
Dean Erger

dmerger

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 01:53:58 pm »

I just purchased "Adobe Photoshop CS4 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC" by Martin Evening.  I plan to also purchase  “Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: The Ultimate Workshop” by Martin Evening and Jeff Schewe when it becomes available.

Thanks for the advice.
Dean Erger

davidh202

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 11:24:14 pm »

Just a heads up that Amazon is now shipping Martin Evening and Jeff Schewes new CS5  book ,  Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: The Ultimate Workshop.   
Notified today,  my copy is on the way    :) :)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 03:53:32 am »

Just a heads up that Amazon is now shipping Martin Evening and Jeff Schewes new CS5  book ,  Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: The Ultimate Workshop.   
Notified today,  my copy is on the way    :) :)
Ah, the advantages of being in America (I assume). Amazon UK is still telling me that it estimates shipping my copy in mid-November. I'm not sure I'll be able to hold my breath for that long!

Jeremy

sniper

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 04:25:35 am »

See: Martin Evening's books on Photoshop CS5
I would also recomend this, it's very comprehensive and nicely laid out.

Lightsmith

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 01:48:30 am »

I do not understand why you just upgraded to CS4. Adobe charges the same amount to upgrade from CS3 to CS5 as it does to upgrade CS4 to CS5. CS5 is 64-bit so you can use more than 3GB of RAM on your computer if it is a Mac, and has a NR application that is as good as any 3rd party though it is a manual process. These two features alone make the upgrade worthwhile for me. Adobe shafted users in not making CS4 64-bit for the Mac and only for XP and Vista.

dmerger

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 02:23:08 am »

I upgraded from CS.  I couldn't upgrade directly to CS5.
Dean Erger
Pages: [1]   Go Up