Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New forum software guru needed  (Read 11095 times)

mguertin

Re: New forum software guru needed
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 07:23:32 pm »

That problem should now be fixed Fred (I hope)

fredjeang

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 07:25:53 pm »

That problem should now be fixed Fred (I hope)
Yes Mark, I just posted an edit above. It is incredible, technology, we are posting in real time.

Thanks Mark.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 07:29:13 pm »

Ok I think this one is resolved.  IE users please let me know, it's working ok in my test environments in IE now ...

Hi Mark,

FYI I'm getting a (pre)view (seems to be fixed at 800 pixels maximum dimension for larger images in other posts) at the bottom of the same post now in IE, not really a thumbnail. Clicking the hotlink below it, not the image itself, will allow to view full (uploaded) size. It would also be most useful if one had the (optional) opportunity to place the image anywhere, not just at the bottom of the post. Just asking ...

Thanks,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

mguertin

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 07:32:10 pm »

To place an image within the post body you have to use inline images, attachments won't work for that.  As for the smaller images and then downloading the full sized one you are right.  I will look at the settings later this evening and see if this is the root of the problems.  I suspect that the max image width has somehow been set smaller than the thumbnail width and it's massively confusing SMF.

mguertin

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 09:48:38 pm »

There was a PHP module missing which was the root of the problems.  The images now behave as they were intended to, the way I described them in a previous post.  You get a thumbnail and then when you click it either shows inline if it fits within the layout size or in a popup window if it's larger.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 03:17:58 am »

There was a PHP module missing which was the root of the problems.  The images now behave as they were intended to, the way I described them in a previous post.  You get a thumbnail and then when you click it either shows inline if it fits within the layout size or in a popup window if it's larger.

Brilliant.

Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Rob C

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 04:34:11 am »

Thanks for your inputs, guys, and as this is 'first thing in the morning after sweeping the terrace' time, I shall try again to see how it works, though I do note that my last uploaded image on Tokengirl's thread about boats and pooches has now changed to the intended style!

Let's go!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 04:35:44 am »

YES!!!!

Thanks, Mark, now I feel sane again!

(I think that's an advantage.)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 04:44:38 am »

As an aside: twenty-nine years ago that side of the road where Rusty is parked was a mud pavement; you could pick almost any spot on the roadside and find a max. of about three sets of wheels. Now, you have to utter a prayer before you leave home that there will be a slot! We seem to be much better off but hardly as happy. I know many old locals who mourn the old days of discipline, when you could leave the doors unlocked when you went out; today's young people think that is myth. Read the papers and you also get a totally one-sided take on the F days. Vilification comes so easily. I really wonder how much has been gained and at what price.

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 10:41:01 am »

YES!!!!

Thanks, Mark, now I feel sane again!

(I think that's an advantage.)

Rob C
All that matters is how you feel. Actual sanity is overrated and a detriment to creativity. The feeling, on the other hand...

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 02:48:35 pm »

All that matters is how you feel. Actual sanity is overrated and a detriment to creativity. The feeling, on the other hand...
Eric

Eric, now that's perceptive! I think we probably share more common ground than you were aware of our sharing; be careful - the road gets bumpy if you start down that direction!

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up