Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good news from DHW Fototechnik (Rolleiflex) at Photokina 2010  (Read 16333 times)

heinrichvoelkel

Re: Good news from DHW Fototechnik (Rolleiflex) at Photokina 2010
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 12:41:13 pm »

This line intrigues me: 'The Hy6 can accept both digital and analog backs from a wide variety of manufacturers – such as Hasselblad, Sinar, Leaf and others.'

Hasselblad and others?

I wouldn't mind trying out a 'blad/others' back on my Hy6 - it's a great camera!

Huhu, that sound interesting to me as well. Anybody with insight please clarify.

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 12:46:43 pm »

My guess is its a mistake about it accepting hassy backs   ???

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 05:29:08 am »

Hasselblad backs were not mentioned specifically :-)
But if Leaf backs can be made compatible with the Hy6, when then not PhaseOne backs? ...
Anyway this is all rather speculative right now as DHW is currently in a negotiating phase. The one thing, which is clear, is that the Hy6 platform is far from dead.
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 10:10:05 am »

Pascal,

Anything is possible, of course, but the question is cost.  Obviously it would be more costly to create what is essentially a new platform for the Phase back lineup than it is to continue doing on on a lineup of backs where this work has already been done.

Then the question is a business question--will I recoup my costs?  Would I have seen similar sales volumes anyway, just on a different platform?  And so on.  I firmly believe Phase is simply being careful with their expenditures -- it's a tough market out there.

That being said, I do think there is hope for an AFi-II 12, for the reasons I cite above.
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

remi56

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 05:21:04 pm »

I am currently using the Hasselblad CF39 on a Rollei 6008 Integral II. It works very well, with a perfect communication between back and body, and the proper dispays in the finder. This back could probably be easily adapted to the Hy6.

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 02:30:22 am »

I am currently using the Hasselblad CF39 on a Rollei 6008 Integral II. It works very well, with a perfect communication between back and body, and the proper dispays in the finder. This back could probably be easily adapted to the Hy6.

Which adapter are you using?

JV

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 02:02:50 pm »

Just a brief note on this.  I contacted DHW Fototechnik in Germany for more information.  They gave me the email address of their representative in the US.  I sent him a message.  He replied that he was at a conference and would get back to me later.  Never did, even though I sent him a another reminder.  I had similar experiences with the distributor for Sinar in the US.  Not sure whether I get these companies...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up