Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is DPP 3.9 imminent?  (Read 4354 times)

NigelC

Is DPP 3.9 imminent?
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:29:04 am »

Apparently, there is an online manual available for 3.9, but Canon UK software downloads only have 3.8.2

eliedinur

Re: Is DPP 3.9 imminent?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 06:21:34 am »

In the past the practice has been for Canon to put up the the download about a month after the cameras have shipped and are in the stores. 60D is arriving now.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

Pytlowany

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:34:07 pm »

Just downloaded DPP v3.9.2 from Canon Europe.  http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010800.asp  The obvious additions that I've seen are: Now has X Key Rating for Rejects, 5 Check Mark Ratings vs. 3, 5 Star Ratings, Unsharp Mask, new lens & tele converter corrections & maybe other stuff that I haven't seen yet.

Philnick

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 06:57:12 pm »

3.9 supports the G12. The disk in the G12 box contains DPP 3.9.1, but no DPP manual - which I had to search for online. In the course of that search I also found the 3.9.2 update on the European Canon website, which I did right away.

Not sure what the differences are between 3.9.1 and 3.9.2, since I did the online upgrade within a day!

Ironically, DPP provides better support for the G12 than it does for my XTi, since the XTi doesn't record shooting distance, so the Lens aberration correction screen comes up with the shooting distance slider for the XTi at infinity, with a "<!>" notation meaning - I assume - "I have no idea what the shooting distance was."

It would be nice, however, if that slider gave you some indication what distance you are setting it to when you slide it!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 07:05:27 pm by Philnick »
Pages: [1]   Go Up