Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pixel bender issues  (Read 1494 times)

sniper

Pixel bender issues
« on: September 25, 2010, 04:57:04 am »

I have been using the pixel bender plug-in in CS5 (win xp pro) for a week or so and I'm having "issues" with some images when I click the ok to apply the filter it just closes photoshop, on other times it will apply the filter correctly, but I have to restart photoshop before I can use it again. Quite frankly it's a pain in the a** when it's playing up, other times it'll work ok.
Anybody know of any problems or fixes, it's got lots of possibilities as a tool.

dk99

Re: Pixel bender issues
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »

Have you reduced the size of the document to 1800 ppi max on one side?  It doesn't seem to play well with large image sizes.

Dr Russell Brown has some videos on you tube and the one on pixel bender he says to reduce to document size to get the best results.

hth

-d
-d

sniper

Re: Pixel bender issues
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:45:48 pm »

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I'm working with 1024 on the longest size (the output size I need) I did try a full size image but it put's up a message saying oversize (or words to that effect) the fault is intermittent with no obvious cause, it happens on canon and nikon images, the only connection I can see is they are all the same size but then other times it'll work fine.  I tried deleting and reinstalling but again no difference.  But I don't know if I got all of it with the delete.
Thanks Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up