Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn at Kortright  (Read 985 times)

John R

Autumn at Kortright
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:04:34 pm »

A little bit of early Autumn at Kortright conservation area, just north of Toronto. The light was beautiful, but wouldn't you know it, the battery ran out and I forgot to bring the second battery. Lesson learned, always pack a second Charged battery!

JMR
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 01:25:26 pm by John R »

sbunting108

• Simon Bunting Photography
Re: Autumn at Kortright
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 01:18:41 pm »

Very interesting photographs. I love the second one :)

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 09:51:25 am »

These are really sweet! You’ve applied some considerable skills to different subjects and the results are fabulous.

In response to a comment you made recently, which reads as follows:

…You are of course right in saying that some works bear a resemblance to others, but all the same, I think they are different. I don't expect everyone to like every image I post. I notice that when anyone posts more than one image at a time, there is a tendency to rate them. But like anything that moves us, landscapes, sunsets, lighthouses, people, city scenes, how can anyone pass up one more shot if it moves them?

This is a very reasoned response. Each of us can see the many nuances of scenes we’ve captured and appreciate them greatly. What you’ve done here is to take some well evolved techniques and applied them to subject matter that differs from your other recent examples, with outstanding results.

The diversity of subject matter helps your perceptions and gifts to grow in ways that can’t happen when using repetitive subjects. By broadening your subject matter you’ll will give yourself opportunities to take your gifts into other areas. In turn, that will help you grow as an artist.

Another way of expressing this is that while the artist seeks refinement of technique, the viewer wants a variety of subject matter where the techniques takes them places they can’t get to otherwise. Had Leo DaV only done variants of the Annunciation, few would remember him. But by taking his vision into a number of areas and letting the varied subjects refine the technique, he is known by all.

Keep up the great work!

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 12:49:03 am »

I really like #2, very nice effect and there's an enormous sence of dynamic in the end-result.
I find 1 and 3 "here nor there", as photographs I find them too light and woolly while from a digital art perspective they're not in the same legue as #2.
pieter, aka pegelli
Pages: [1]   Go Up