Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Canyon  (Read 4031 times)

jeffreybehr

• Happily retired accountant
Grand Canyon
« on: December 23, 2003, 02:31:14 pm »

Henry, my friend and I last February looked at these lookouts by starting in the afternoon in the east end of the Canyon.  We stopped at evey lookout and finally did a sunset from Grandview.  The next morning we came to Navajo for a sunrise.  See both here http://community.webshots.com/album/39393383sWwDWH .

Snow will help add contrast, but be prepared to be cold, as the wind often blows out of the canyon (and into your face).  When we started walking to the edge that morn, we both said something about it being not too cold.  Did we ever change our tunes after being near the edge for an hour or so.  

I hope you enjoy your stay and get some great shots.

francois

Grand Canyon
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 04:28:48 am »

Hi,
In addition to Laurent Martres Phototrip books you may want to consider Joseph K. Lange's Photographer's Guide to the Grand Canyon & Northern Arizona. Amazon have a special bundle of this book and L. Martres books.

You'll also find some ideas on Alain Briot website.

Francois
Francois

Henry W

Grand Canyon
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 01:01:45 pm »

I am looking for advice on the best sunrise/sunset locations at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I will be there for several days in mid January. My interest is not the sun itself but vistas illuminated by the low light.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks...Henry

EF

Grand Canyon
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 01:03:51 am »

Henry W

Grand Canyon
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 05:30:02 pm »

Jeffrey, EF and Francois,
Thanks for your input. I have visited the links and ordered all the books mentioned. Hopefully in 3 weeks I'll have something to show for all your help, weather permitting.
Henry
Pages: [1]   Go Up