Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Beeping incessantly  (Read 1525 times)

TravelingChick

Z3100 Beeping incessantly
« on: September 23, 2010, 02:07:23 pm »

I have an HP Z3100 ps GP that is beeping at me. There are no error codes or messages on the LCD screen. It still prints fine - no errors, no stopping, but when it finishes it starts beeping again. I've tried to time the beeps hoping I could diagnose a beep code, the best I've come up with is some beeps are longer than others, but the timing seems random. Sometimes it beeps 3-4 times in a row loudly, sometimes there is a break and it beeps once soflty.

I have googled repeatedly on various combinations of BEEP CODE HP PRINTER Z3100 etc with no luck. Has anybody else had this happen and if so what did you do about it? Right now I am simply turning the printer off when I'm not using it, but I would rather leave it on so that it does its little maintenance/print head thing regularly.

Thank you,
Celeste

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
Re: Z3100 Beeping incessantly
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:20:36 pm »

I have an african gray parrot that talks back to the beeping my printer makes, and creates the same effect yours has.  He can imitate many things, from cats to car alarms.  I just wish I could un-teach him that one (and the car alarm).  The upside is that he does a very convincing backup alarm when the car is backing out of the driveway.

As for your printer beeping, I have no idea why it would do it randomly, but know that there is a preference to turn if off altogether.  I think it is able to be done from the control panel, but know that the embedded web server has a check box for it there.  I'd turn mine off, but appreciate the convenience of hearing my printer complain the the paper isn't aligned correctly when I load a new sheet or roll and walk away.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

TravelingChick

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 02:09:20 pm »

I had a roommate in college who had a parrot (among other critters) that was quite a good mimic. As her relationship with her boyfriend disintegrated into ever louder, longer, and more colorful arguments, the parrot was paying attention. She could accurately portray both sides of the shouting and cursing, in each of their voices, and with all the correct inflections. "NO - F@#$ YOU!!!"  Not good when the folks visit. You can't "unlearn" a parrot! She (the parrot, not the roommate) also used to sing the theme song to "Green Acres" and we have no idea where she learned that!

But back to the problem at hand....

I don't want to turn off all noises, just the random ones. I guess I'll just try to remember to turn the printer on on non-printing days to let it do its thing. Has anyone else noticed how lame HP's help is? Or do I just have my expectations set too high?

j-land

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 11:01:40 pm »

Mine does the same. The beep is from inside the enclosure, presumably on one of the circuit boards. I couldn't find anything about this in the service manual either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up