Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I load the most recent Apple Snow Leopard Epson 3800 printer update  (Read 837 times)

hassiman

Hi,

I am running an Epson 3800 with Leopard and Snow Leopard and recently Snow Leopard has been wanting to download a printer update.  I have not done so as of yet because I have had my 3800 upa and running for a while using Epson's 9/18/08 version of the 3800 driver. 

Is this latest Apple Epsoin update using an Epson driver or something else?

Is it for the 3800 or the newer 3880?

Will it screw up the currently working driovers already installed?

Any advice much appreciated.  Thanks

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Should I load the most recent Apple Snow Leopard Epson 3800 printer update
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 05:16:12 pm »

Hi,

I am running an Epson 3800 with Leopard and Snow Leopard and recently Snow Leopard has been wanting to download a printer update.  I have not done so as of yet because I have had my 3800 upa and running for a while using Epson's 9/18/08 version of the 3800 driver. 

Is this latest Apple Epsoin update using an Epson driver or something else?

Is it for the 3800 or the newer 3880?

Will it screw up the currently working driovers already installed?

Any advice much appreciated.  Thanks
Personally I wouldn't update using Apples updater.  It's probably designed mostly for the many consumer low end inkjet printers out there, and traditionally Epsons higher end drivers haven't been included.  It may not hurt anything but I don't think it offers anything.  I know Epson was going to work with Apple so new drivers for the pro printers could be included in Apples updates, but even Epson can't seem to get together on a world wide system to insure driver uniformity ... Epson UK almost always releases new drivers months ahead of Epson USA ... so they're probably not ready to distribute the drivers through Apple.

hassiman

Re: Should I load the most recent Apple Snow Leopard Epson 3800 printer update
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:05:45 pm »

Thanks for the info...

I had noticed that Epson UK had released updated drivers months ago yet Epson USA is stil running a 2008 3800 driver with no update. I don't see why Epson USA would not use the newer driver as the UK and USA 3800 are the same printer... unless the driver goes on the right-hand side that is....  8-)

Too bad they ignored the 3800 users when they released the re-tooled driver for the 3880 and Snow Leopard.  I really love my 3800 but not so much Epson USA....
Pages: [1]   Go Up