Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online MFA photography classes  (Read 3139 times)

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
Online MFA photography classes
« on: September 21, 2010, 11:59:31 am »

Can anyone recommend a school that offers online masters level MFA photography classes?

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
Re: Online photography classes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:45:06 pm »

Alright then, what about high quality undergrad online photography courses?

I can see the potential of online photo classes. Having taken some writing classes at Gotham Writers, I can see that there is room for this type of class format for photographers. Get an assignement, post your photographs, receive constructive feedback from both your teacher and fellow students.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: Online MFA photography classes
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 02:01:10 pm »

Can I assume you are looking for US courses? If not, the Open College of the Arts offers an undergrad degree in photography clicky, which is validated through an accredited university.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 02:58:25 pm »

Can I assume you are looking for US courses? If not, the Open College of the Arts offers an undergrad degree in photography, which is validated through an accredited university.
I thought that there was no university (in the UK) that taught anything useful about photography?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 03:23:16 pm »

Really? There are quite a few universities offering MA degrees in photography. Whether they teach anything useful I couldn't say, but the UK being such a cultural backwater and all, probably not.  ::)

Adobe_Andrew

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 11:31:22 pm »

Just wanted to let you know that if you are a student you might be eligible to receive up to 80% off Adobe CS5 Student and Teacher Editions. Photoshop can be really helpful when touching up some of your digital shots.
Working with Adobe

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:34 am »

Just wanted to let you know that if you are a student you might be eligible to receive up to 80% off Adobe CS5 Student and Teacher Editions. Photoshop can be really helpful when touching up some of your digital shots.
I have CS4.

The price Photoshop is, it would be worth signing up for a course just to get the discount?

My Nice is a student, and might do some pot for me...
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

RFPhotography

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 07:35:40 am »

Mmmmmm..... Spam.  Processed pork product.  First thing in the morning for breakfast. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up