Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default settings when moving into Develop module  (Read 1131 times)

Simon Withington

• Simon Withington photography
Default settings when moving into Develop module
« on: September 21, 2010, 08:31:27 am »

Hello - a bit of a newbie Q for you, perhaps:

When I move into the Develop module, I notice that certain 'settings' are applied to the image by default.  I did not ask LR to apply any default settings at import.  These settings are Brightness +50, Contrast +25, the Tone Curve set to Medium Contrast and some Sharpening at 25, 1.0, 25.

Is LR picking up camera 'settings' perhaps?  But this also seems strange as I just shoot RAW and do all my development work post shoot.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
Re: Default settings when moving into Develop module
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:08:32 am »

Simon

Yes, these are the normal settings applied by default to RAW files in Lightroom. TIFFs and other formats do not have these adjustments. You can, if you wish, create your own profile with other default settings. Personally, I find the LR defaults to be an excellent starting point.

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

Simon Withington

• Simon Withington photography
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:09:18 am »

Great, thanks for this John.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:18:03 am »

You have two further choices for 'default' settings.  One is to create a Develop preset that you apply on import to all images (keeping in mind that you can create a preset that has any, all or only one slider checked).  The second is to set the Develop sliders to the defaults you want, and then go to Develop/ Set Default Settings...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up