Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 Paper Custom Size Issue with Photoshop CS5  (Read 2178 times)

aaronchan

Z3200 Paper Custom Size Issue with Photoshop CS5
« on: September 21, 2010, 05:11:20 am »

I'm currently using the Z3200 44" with CS5 on my Windows 7 64bit
I have both 32 and 64bit Photoshop under the OS.
I'm trying to print a 24x36 image, and created a custom size under the HP driver.
Whenever I've selected any custom size and click ok, under photoshop print preview, the print canvas size will go to 13x19 which is Super B size.
I've updated all the Drivers and Firmware and also called the HP tech support (in China) to see what's going on, and he had no clue on this; plus he said he had seen people in this situation as well.
I've swap computers, swap different windows(XP and 7) and still no help at all.

Does anyone know what's going on or anyone had exp. on it?

Thanks

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Z3200 Paper Custom Size Issue with Photoshop CS5
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 05:46:40 am »

The Z drivers often show behaviour like that. In Vista or XP when I create a custom size and save that custom size it will fall back to another size or the size set in preferences when the driver is closed. I go back and reselect the custom size name again and then it will stick. I use Qimage to print from so it may be worse with CS5.

A way to get driver settings more stable is creating printing shortcuts in the driver and selecting them instead of temporary driver setting changes.

For a default setting like "let application manage color" that should be permanent, change the default setting with printer preferences.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Pages: [1]   Go Up