Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchasing Used Equipment  (Read 1920 times)

schro440

Purchasing Used Equipment
« on: September 20, 2010, 09:30:04 pm »

Hello All,

After becoming slightly addicted to a friends Hasselblad 503cw, I've decided to splurge and buy one. More than likely I will buy used. However, I'm leery about purchasing used gear, even from a dealer like KEH. Can anyone tell me if vendors really research the history of the products they're selling? For example, I definitely don't want to be purchasing gear that was stolen. (In the past I've had photo gear stolen from my studio... not a pleasant experience I'd wish on any photographer) Is there anyway for an individual to check this with the manufacturer?

I greatly appreciate any input!

Thanks,
Andrew

rsn48

Re: Purchasing Used Equipment
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:46:41 pm »

I'm surprised no one answered this question.  KEH and B&H I would totally trust; they've both been around for a long time and have a good reputation in forums on the net.  I purchase used but I do it through a local forum here in Vancouver, British Columbia.  I prefer local used items as I can hold the item in my hand and check it out before money is exchanged.

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
Re: Purchasing Used Equipment
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 09:11:09 pm »

No worries with KEH.  Pay with a credit card for extra peace of mind (you can always issue a chargeback with your credit card), but you won't need to.

KEH is known for being conservative on their condition rating, so you'll likely be pleasantly surprised on the condition of the gear you buy from them.

Have fun!  (It's a great camera, by the way.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:13:51 pm by bradleygibson »
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up