Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Useful Digiback  (Read 2455 times)

Dick Roadnight

Useful Digiback
« on: September 20, 2010, 05:35:53 pm »

MFDSLRs are OK for most work, but when you use a view camera, or you want to use a very Wide Angle lens that you cannot use on a SLR, would it not be nice to have a digiback that has all the useful features of a good point and shoot?

All the camera features in the digiback

Pseudo SLR view finder, with full-colour live view, eye-cup and magnifier.

"body-less" camera compatible with ultra-wides, with a decent shift-tilt adapter or integrated movements.

Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
Re: Useful Digiback
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:07:09 am »

Sounds like the Olympus PEN or Sony NEX with a MF sensor. Am I correct? Don't forget on-screen grid lines, virtual horizon, focus maginification on any point in the image, virtual focus confirmation, HDMI output (and why not - USB 3.0) and Live View, Live View, Live View.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:51:39 am »

Sounds like the Olympus PEN or Sony NEX with a MF sensor. Am I correct? Don't forget on-screen grid lines, virtual horizon, focus maginification on any point in the image, virtual focus confirmation, HDMI output (and why not - USB 3.0) and Live View, Live View, Live View.
I was thinking of something that gave all the convenience of a £300 compact... with the movement and WA capabilities of a Sinar P3 and a Hartblei.

Fritzer

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:18:16 am »

I was thinking of something that gave all the convenience of a £300 compact... with the movement and WA capabilities of a Sinar P3 and a Hartblei.

I don't think you are making any sense whatsoever .  ;)

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 02:44:25 pm »

I don't think you are making any sense whatsoever .  ;)
I appreciate that there might be some complications in making this camera/digiback, but I would have though that most photographers could get their heads round the concept.

Most DSLRs many of the functions that are only available when you have the camera, digiback and view finder all assembled as a unit... and when you remove the digiback to attach it to a view camera or pancake camera you lose many of these features,,, and you do no get live view on the back of the camera, or in a pseudo-SLR type view finder...

If they can put live view on £300 cameras, why can we not have it in £15k to £30k cameras?

Do you appreciate the problems of wide angle?

Good wide angles are non-retro-focus and cannot be used on SLRs, Arch users would like the simplicity of an SLR when using 90 degree lenses.

¿What do you not understand? 

tesfoto

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 06:51:34 pm »

If they can put live view on £300 cameras, why can we not have it in £15k to £30k cameras?

Hey man you have 1224 post and have been around here for a while, why ask questions you know have been discussed over and over again ?

pcunite

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 09:07:43 pm »

Quote from: tesfoto link=topic=46516.msg389683#msg389683 date=
Hey man you have 1224 post and have been around here for a while, why ask questions you know have been discussed over and over again ?

I think we all are a bit frustered that the features we need are not being implemented and so bringing it up again might help, sorta like the squeaky wheel gets the grease kinda thing.

FearZeus

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 09:38:50 pm »

I can't believe they have not implemented live view, I see it as an absolute essential with these high res digital backs.

1) Lets see a serious price drop

2) More dynamic range

3) Live View

4) much higher res screens to aid focus, 10x zoom on the Nikon's is working fantastic, although I still think the screen on the D3x is too low resolution

As a side note to medium format technical camera developers, please can we have Asymmetrical movements like on the ebony's amongst others!

Am I asking too much? I don't think so.

tesfoto

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 02:49:23 am »

I think we all are a bit frustered that the features we need are not being implemented and so bringing it up again might help, sorta like the squeaky wheel gets the grease kinda thing.

YES, this is a good point.

Live view will, as far as I know, only happen when they start using CMOS sensors. It seems like live view technology for CCD sensors is not possible in a good quality.

Live view is absolutly essensial for a lot of photographers workflow, I know I will only upgrade when this feature is enabled.
I dont care too much about dynamic range, high iso performance, more pixl, etc.
I need live view and a good LCD that work as smooth as the Canon / Nikon before upgrading, it is as simple as this.

Cheers

tes

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 05:08:57 am »

Thanks for your interest... Live view is only one aspect.

The problem is that modern MFDSLRs consist mostly of a mirror box, and everything is attached to it,,, and one of the main reasons for the envisaged new camera is to get SLR functionality without a mirror box, so that, for instance, Schneider could make shift/tilt versions of their shorter lenses... or you could use very short lenses on a Hartblie-like shift/tilt/focus adapter that would fit in place of the mirror box.

Perhaps Leica might be the firm to do it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up