Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus-II 12  (Read 68162 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: Leaf Aptus-II 12
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2010, 12:39:36 pm »

Sorry, I seem to not have been clear.

There is no non-R version of the Aptus II 12 in V-mount, is that correct ?

As I have no need whatsoever for the rotating sensor, but use the V-mount for my sliding back and Mamyia RZ adapter, it'd be quite annoying if that would be true .

The Aptus 12 (non-R), it still manually mounts in both vertical and horizontal orientation, I assume, like my Aptus 75 ?
Why would there be no V-mount option then ?

I don't understand. The Aptus-II 12R is for Hasselblad V mounts and also provides the ability to rotate the sensor without removing the back, and yet is the same price as the non-rotating Aptus-II 12 in Mamiya, Hassy H, and Contax mounts and that is a problem? I don't understand the problem.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Fritzer

« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2010, 11:19:16 am »

I don't understand. The Aptus-II 12R is for Hasselblad V mounts and also provides the ability to rotate the sensor without removing the back, and yet is the same price as the non-rotating Aptus-II 12 in Mamiya, Hassy H, and Contax mounts and that is a problem? I don't understand the problem.

Steve Hendrix

Wait a moment - the Aptus 12R and non-R are the same price ?
I now notice Doug has actually answered this above - it seems I got confused , my apologies ... ;)

The information I had so far was that the Aptus 12R would be considerably more expensive than the other version, thanks a lot for clearing this up .

BJNY

Guillermo

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2011, 04:40:41 am »

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/leaf_aptus_ii_12.shtml

The view from Michael's place;
Aptus-II 12, Schneider 43mm, Arca-Swiss Rm2D

Some folks said they cannot see the attachment (looks like Chrome doesn't like them) so here's a link
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:01:17 am by yaya »
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

BJNY

« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2011, 07:56:51 am »

Interesting the screen GUI will be updated in Qtr. 2
Guillermo

MarkoRepse

• www.markorepse.com
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2011, 08:28:45 am »

Will the GUI be updated for the Aptus-II backs only, or also the older Aptus models?

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2011, 08:30:19 am »

Interesting the screen GUI will be updated in Qtr. 2

Indeed, but... with being a Phase One company one wonders why update looks like Windows XP when IQ backs have the simplicity of latest UI of Mac. When can we see a Leaf version of the interface on IQ????

- But make it better in a "Leaf way" please  ;) (a.k.a. more histogram, exposure & graytone control, etc...)  ;D

Thanks!  8)

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2011, 08:41:56 am »

Will the GUI be updated for the Aptus-II backs only, or also the older Aptus models?

Aptus-II only. The graphics are not finalised yet but we've implemented many improvements to the order of menus, number of clicks etc.

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

xinchenc

« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2011, 10:13:46 am »

If you check the GUI of the Aptus or AFi, it still shows  (c) by Kodak other than Leaf. I think it is financially correct for Leaf to develop its OWN GUI.

I do not think Leaf is able to provide IQxxx-like GUI because the Aptus (or AFi) is still based on Microsoft Windows CE (check the bottom of your Leaf digital back, it is basicaly a Windows CE device). Win CE is not a fast OS, but is easy to work on.

Is Phaseone digital back on Linux? ???

xinchenc

« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2011, 10:20:06 am »

Difficult to predict the future - really with many companies - but this is the uptake on the situation from our meetings, taken at face value, as presented.

Steve Hendrix

Agreeeeed.

If we had known the future there would have been NO Hy6/AFi project, however it seems that we are NOW quite sure about the future of the Hy6 is NO Future at all. A Paradox?

Thing changes. That is it.

Xin

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2011, 03:00:16 am »

If you check the GUI of the Aptus or AFi, it still shows  (c) by Kodak other than Leaf. I think it is financially correct for Leaf to develop its OWN GUI.

I do not think Leaf is able to provide IQxxx-like GUI because the Aptus (or AFi) is still based on Microsoft Windows CE (check the bottom of your Leaf digital back, it is basicaly a Windows CE device). Win CE is not a fast OS, but is easy to work on.

Is Phaseone digital back on Linux? ???

It interesting to read that Leaf backs are Win CE based, because unlike all else associated with Microsoft my Leaf back have given me zip zero problem. Thanks! ;D

Above said, could it be an expectation (or hope) by others than me that since Leaf is a Phase One company that technologies beyond sensors are shared in order to further products? Thus it seems wishful to hear of an Aptus-III in near future based on the new IQ technology but with a Leaf implementation. Frankly the UI of IQ backs blow me a way not as a gimmick but as very useful technology. Yet, perhaps as in the IQ backs it is too PhaseOne like for me...?

As I posted in another thread relating to IQ backs;
... I am curious of what more exposure information the IQ backs provide. By chance would following be available? ;
1) histogram with gridline for each stop captured (similar to zone system)
2) readout of max and min exposure value captured (in stops), and how this relates to neutral and to the highest and lowest exposure for which the specific back is capable (read at barely textureless white and black)
3) with live view is there any way to expand above and relate to measured values of max and min EV values of the scene, thus to assist in adjusting exposure more precise based on the scene?

Furthering above thoughts, the fact that focus mask is used in the IQ backs, could that perhaps be together with selection of an onscreen point for focus be furthered together with a sound for confirming zone of focus similar to Betterlight scanning backs do? Thus assisting enabling use of tech cameras for longer lenses in portrait situations hand held, and likewise enabling to more accurate focus based on live view on a view camera?

Above are ideas that pops to my mind merely, but seriously it would be really terrific if Leaf please would develop their own version of IQ like UI with Leaf like photographically useful features built in. It would extend the great tool that the Leaf backs already are today.

Thanks

Regards
Anders

P.S. The image quality provided by the Aptus-II 12 looks really great!!!!  8)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up